• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2 - Carolina Panthers select LSU WR Terrace Marshall

Zod

Ok, now...  i'm really starting to like Fitterer.  I panicked a bit bc I flashed back to Hurney and Gettleman days, but they NEVER did this.  We got a first round level WR this late, and a guy at 6'3" with 4.3 speed and a huge catch radius.  AND he played and excelled under our current OC.  That is an incredible get and although it wasn't a need, this value may be the best of the draft.  Just incredible.

• Pie 3

25 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

I'm even more impressed with this kid as a person. Read up on it real quick and its easy to see how he's a culture fit too

Yeah. Guy sounds like an awesome teammate. Future walter payton award winner or something like that. 

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

My gripe though, is that we already had a WR2. We spent a second-rounder on literally the only position at which we were set. 

One thing we've sorely, sorely lacked is a jump ball guy. We've had no such luck in the redzone since Greg left too.

D.J. is amazing but he's notna contested catch vs man kind of guy. He still struggles with press too.

Marshall has a high floor that I think js comparable to Moose and a ceiling that can be Michael Thomas with more rac ability.

Which is an ability both D.J. and Robby lacked.

• Pie 6

28 minutes ago, Rags said:

One thing we've sorely, sorely lacked is a jump ball guy. We've had no such luck in the redzone since Greg left too.

D.J. is amazing but he's notna contested catch vs man kind of guy. He still struggles with press too.

Marshall has a high floor that I think js comparable to Moose and a ceiling that can be Michael Thomas with more rac ability.

Which is an ability both D.J. and Robby lacked.

Marshall just might be the new Thomas. Kid seriously is good and I'm kinda surprised he fell to us. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ace420 said:

Yea, he was definitely a bpa pick, but he will be useful when robbie anderson's contract negotiations start up.  

Until that day, we might possibly have the best squad of WRs the Panthers have ever fielded... dont want to get ahead of myself though as i remember a similar feeling when we drafted funchess.

The best was Smith, Moose, and Proehl.  But this one could be very good.  

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The best was Smith, Moose, and Proehl.  But this one could be very good.  

TBH we have a lot of new fans that never saw Moose play and don't' understand how good that man was...62TD and 11k yards is a legit af career....on OUR team lol. So basically that is to say a poo team that runs the ball first....

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

TBH we have a lot of new fans that never saw Moose play and don't' understand how good that man was...62TD and 11k yards is a legit af career....on OUR team lol. So basically that is to say a poo team that runs the ball first....

Moose might own the title for best individual season for a Panther WR. 

and 89 had a triple crown season 

• Pie 2