• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3(b) - Carolina Panthers Select Notre Dame TE Tommy Tremble

Zod

Just now, CRA said:

He is really good in the short pass game too in the middle of the field.  Quick hitter to the WR and he comes in lays defenders out.  

I def trust this staff to use em well. We have 3 WR set that is as legit as any in the league then CMC...this is a real offense. We picked up FA OL and so far drafted one. When we get another OL to develop too this team will have filled the biggest need on both sides of the ball and depth to go along with it as the FA OL are likely stop gaps while we develop these picks.

This really has been an intelligently built team up to this point. Yes TB was a turd stained wrench there thrown in but who nkows if that was really Hurneys last stand there trying to save his job again or Brady thought he could really do something based on his Saints intel or what but we quickly moved on like we should have which speaks to something quite frankly....not holding onto a mistake out of ego or pride or w/e like a Rivera

1 hour ago, theinstrumental said:

This one feels like a weird scheme fit but they’re loading up on good football players. I can’t ask for anything more. 

This is a FANTASTIC scheme fit!

You guys who are fixated on his hands, his drop rate, etc. are way off the mark.  He wasn't drafted to catch passes.

There's been talk about Armah and Tolbert, but they're not the comparisons to make.  Go back further, back to the days of Double Trouble (probably a lot of you weren't around then)  How do you think Stewart and Williams gained over 1,000 yds each in 2009?

It was because of the mammoth holes in the DL that were created by Brad Hoover.

("Hooooov")

This young man loves to block like Hoover did, and CMC will be looking at second level space like never before.  Or put the kid in motion from the right side and let him chip the DE to help out our LT.

This is a brilliant draft choice, and fits our scheme maybe better than it would any other team in the league.

• Pie 3

I'm not even going to argue with some of you.. That %12 drop rate is more on his QB and the few passes he got a year.. Dude has good hands and was under used in that offense.. He's a beast blocker day 1 and has the size and athleticism to be a Hernadaz type TE in the future...

• Pie 1

We had a S like that in college who would take your head off--he ended up playing for Denver--but I did not like practicing when he was out there.  I once took a dive over the middle when I saw him (I was a TE) and the coach jumped on me about it. I replied, "If I am going to get hurt, it is going to be on Saturday, not Wednesday."  He laughed--and so did the entire defense--at me.

• Pie 3

This is a really fascinating pick. Love what I’m reading about this kid. He doesn’t seem set on just being the best blocking tight end in this draft and has a mean streak. And I love the ones who have the blocking technique down pat with room to grow receiving. It’s the more coachable part of a F-TEs game. 

We’ve got 4 WRs for the big Brady sets and this kid comes in, can be next to Sam and CMC in the gun, pistol, standard TE, an extra blocker in the spread that will be GREAT against athletic EDGEs and blitzing DBs

• Pie 1