• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grading how the draft was run

Mr. Scot

I was honestly kind of frustrated with trading down so late in the draft. Obviously they are the ones that know best, I just saw so many prospects that I liked.

I just don’t understand gambling and trading down when there is someone you like on the board. I guess they won’t admit how many times the gamble didn’t pay off. 

I think it’s great to look at it as a numbers game, but it’s so likely that most of these players won’t work out. I kind of wish they tried to get who they wanted at the top of the draft vs just going with quantity over quality. 

I’m looking forward to this being the best draft class ever, just feels different I guess. 

I don’t really buy that there wasn’t a player taken between our original 2nd round pick and the 52 pick that we were hoping to get at 52. I think the second trade back in the 2nd round was a reaction to the guys they wanted at that pick no longer being there. Based on that I would have to give a pretty low grade on how the draft was run. I think the best trade back spot was the first round where we could have, for example, traded back with the Bears and picked up an extra first round pick next year and gotten Caleb Farley.