• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Night 2 Draft Grade

kungfoodude

Day Two Picks  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Your grade

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C+
    • C
    • C-
    • D+
    • D
    • D-
    • F

I like who we selected and the players we got with the selections that occurred. However, only time will tell if the trade down three times will be effective.  With those moves we missed out on players I thought we would have drafted that definitely would have help:

-Trevon Moehrig S

-Samuel Cosmi OT

-Asante Sameul CB

-Aaron Brooks OG 

-Liam Eichenberg OT

I like the picks that we ended up with at where we selected but we passed on a lot of talent IMO. 

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Tremble is going to be CMC’s best friend. He is going to be colliding with linebackers helping CMC have better holes more often. He is also pretty fast. I think we can throw him the ball more that ND did. We added players where we had weaknesses LT, Slot WE, and TE. Our offense should be pretty complete. Maybe G, backup RB, backup QB could be addressed, but all we really need is BPA at this point. If that BYU LT can become a decent starting LT in the league we had a great draft so far.

I think the scouting reports on him say he is likely an OG in the NFL. Leaves a big hole at LT still but if he can be an above average starting OG, that's still an improvement.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think the scouting reports on him say he is likely an OG in the NFL. Leaves a big hole at LT still but if he can be an above average starting OG, that's still an improvement.

Yeah but with how weak our LTs are he might win the job there. Hopefully like a better Erving or Wharton. An OG that can play decent LT.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah but with how weak our LTs are he might win the job there. Hopefully like a better Erving or Wharton. An OG that can play decent LT.

We will see. Not sure he is better than Scott. If he is, huge bonus.

I would think he likely start somewhere on the line. Outside of Paradis and Moton there aren't many starting caliber OL on the roster.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 3

4 hours ago, Stumpy said:

I just don't get it. Unless Brady secretly plans to have him run 4.5 yrd routes every passing play to get around the downfield blocker rule. That's the only way the value makes sense. Maybe I'm just not giving enough credit to special teams effect on games. 

I didn’t really want TE, but if we drafter one, he’s the guy I wanted later than 3rd.

His versatility as a run blocker will allow offensive coordinators to shift him around formations and create favorable matchups in the passing game. If he's able to simply improve his hands status to average, his speed and athleticism should create chunk play opportunities. He has Day 2 value with Day 1 upside.”

from CBS sports

• Pie 1

I have issues with the the entire night.  The trading back didn't bother me in the least, I'm completely okay with it.  I'm just not a fan of what we did when it was time to actually pick.  Christensen is the only reason I'm not completely bummed out, however, we let OTs with higher grades go before we finally nabbed him.  While he has the physical attributes to eventually be a starting left tackle, he's has to get coached up BIG time.  

• Beer 1

Just now, section543 said:

I didn’t really want TE, but if we drafter one, he’s the guy I wanted later than 3rd.

His versatility as a run blocker will allow offensive coordinators to shift him around formations and create favorable matchups in the passing game. If he's able to simply improve his hands status to average, his speed and athleticism should create chunk play opportunities. He has Day 2 value with Day 1 upside.”

from CBS sports

This statement alone is cringe worthy.  If we were looking for a blocker for CMC, the 3rd round is NOT where you find these type of guys.

• Beer 1

Honestly, I don't know exactly what to think of the picks. There was a lot of talent coming off the board as we traded back and back and back. Yes, we picked up more picks, but all would be for apparently lesser quality players.

I just look at the three players and wonder if they didn't lose some people off of their draft boards before we made these picks. If not, then our scouts are either doing a massive job of finding diamonds or we've got some odd ways at looking at potential.

Taking a WR from LSU just seems like a Brady luxury pick when we have such needs on the line. Maybe we're looking at long term cost savings because after next year Robby is going to be even more expensive. Who knows? 

Out of all the tackles that went off the boards after we traded down, this was the OT we went with? It's a bit of a head scratcher but maybe there's some skills there that outweigh the measurables. 

Tommy Tremble... gotta love the name. But beyond that he's a who? guy to pick at this stage. 

I'm giving the picks an optimistic but shaky B.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I have issues with the the entire night.  The trading back didn't bother me in the least, I'm completely okay with it.  I'm just not a fan of what we did when it was time to actually pick.  Christensen is the only reason I'm not completely bummed out, however, we let OTs with higher grades go before we finally nabbed him.  While he has the physical attributes to eventually be a starting left tackle, he's has to get coached up BIG time.  

Not to mention he is 25, so his window might be smaller than usual. But, he did the Mormon mission thing so that was also probably two less years of wear and tear.

I agree, though. Odd to keep trading down when there are so many good OL prospects you are passing up.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:

You have to take into consideration the picks we gained etc. 

Darnold (after the Teddy trade and today's dealings) now only has cost us a second round pick in 2022. 

The additional picks have put us in position to move back up if we want to.  I expect a S and a G tomorrow

We didn't gain anything. 

6ths and 7ths are camp bodies.

Not taking JOK not getting a starting LG was stupid AF!!!

Let me run the damn team I'd do it for free.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I am always skeptical of the "untapped" potential guys. Were they untapped or does that potential just not exist?

He was drafted more for his blocking than receiving skills.  He will line up in Armahs spot and Manhertz