• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule “I thought Scott was masterful today”

NAS

Finally we have people in the organization that knows the value of multiple draft capital.  Couldn't have been happier.  Sure we could have landed a great tackle or linebacker with our original picks.  But we got players with good potential and able to lessen the draft capital we spent for Darnold.

Excited to see what we do today with all these picks. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I wonder how many fans hating on the draft the panthers had is entirely because they didnt take Fields.  I also wonder if those fans will change their tune if Sam doesn't well and/or Fields isnt the superstar they seem to think hes guaranteed to be.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Tr3ach said:

I wonder how many fans hating on the draft the panthers had is entirely because they didnt take Fields.  I also wonder if those fans will change their tune if Sam doesn't well and/or Fields isnt the superstar they seem to think hes guaranteed to be.

If Sam does well I mean.

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Just by looking at first round grades, the media keeps reiterating that Fields dropped to us and wasn’t drafted.   It is not just the fans, it’s basically everyone.

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

This whole regime is awful.

That was a terrible 2nd and 3rd round.

I  can't agree with you and I can't disagree with you.

Outside looking in you have to say we passed on some names that should have gotten attention. Inside looking out maybe they got players that were way, way, way undervalued.

We have a ton of late round picks, picks of people generally that aren't going to make it to the field and possibly not to the final roster. On the other hand, they could be saying it's time to say goodbye to any third or fourth year players that are just living on the special teams squad and bringing in new, cheaper, blood. 

We've got to trust in the process, I know. We've got to post better than 5-11, though, this too I know.