• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oline and safety today?

Jmac

BPA! BPA! BPA!

Honestly, I'm beginning to think that they're comfortable with who we got at safety and OL...at least in terms of not willing to draft for need provided that some of these guys with 2nd and 3rd round grades are still there (and I suspect that there may be an OL or Safety and--my fave--WR among them).

I think safety is why we went to the top of the 4th.

Ascending defensive back offering coverage and positional versatility for today's brand of NFL football. Johnson offers enough field fluidity to cover the slot and showed off impressive instincts and ball skills to excite teams about his potential as a high safety. His combination of vision, field awareness and instincts usually have him in the right place at the right time. Johnson is willing as a tackler, but needs to clean up his technique and approach to bolster his run support for the next level. His high football IQ should aid his transition to pro football as a future starter with a strong upside.

Sounds like the guy (Jamar Johnson) to put next to Chinn, who figures to be more of a box safety / hybrid LB.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Jon erickson said:

I like Trey Smith at G then Trill Williams as a CB/Safety hybrid, similar attitude to Jaycee

Smith apparently has had blood clot problems in the past which could scare teams away but he would be amazing this late.  Huge man with a nasty disposition 

Edited by Shocker