• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Day 3 General Discussion

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Terrible pick. Smith was way better. Brown legitimately looked terrible at the Senior Bowl. Unless he’s losing 40 pounds he won’t make the team. Movement skills were non-existent.

This is like taking Gaulden.

What’s the RAS score difference?

What about His health concerns? 🤨

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Terrible pick. Smith was way better. Brown legitimately looked terrible at the Senior Bowl. Unless he’s losing 40 pounds he won’t make the team. Movement skills were non-existent.

I think I will trust the judgement of the people who were at the Senior Bowl over some random dude on a message board, but thanks for your analysis. 

Edited by Sir Purr
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He lost 20 lbs since the senior bowl apparently. His weight is gonna be something to watch 

Edited by TheRumGone

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

He never missed a game and in the 6th, I would have much rather taken a chance on a guy who was much more athletic than a guy who looked terrible at the Senior Bowl. In the 6th, you are taking shots in the dark.

Below is from an article I just googled and was spot on. I did see some articles about him losing 20 pounds after Senior Bowl but he looked flat out bad during the game. Maybe he he didn’t take it seriously had way too much help around him at Bama and has come to the realization that he’s done with football year 1 if he plays like the Senior Bowl.

Deonte Brown, G, Alabama

Deonte Brown was getting some buzz late in the college season, but his Senior Bowl performance likely snuffed that out like a wet blanket over a fire. The former Alabama guard looked slow, and there were already low expectations about his movement skills. Furthermore, Brown was known as a power player but really failed to show that this past week. The hulking guard looked off balance and slow to the punch on more than one occasion, leaving his projection teetering on the cliff of a day two selection.

Yes you would rather take a chance on a player with a debilitating medical condition that isn't going away in the most violent position on the field.. The same condition countless of ppl have died from..

Okay...