• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Day 3 General Discussion

Posted (edited)

My thought here is that this is a way for Fritter to fill the roster on the  cheap . 

But also this allows Rhule to grow a culture of young guys on his team. Rhule got a lot of players to over achieve last year. If he gets the young back ups to buy in then we will be a very competitive team.

Edited by OneBadCat
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2
1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

The problem I have is this is the type strategy is for a team that has a filled out roster with great players. Not a team that won 5 games the year before...being that bad means you should have first dibs on potential a elite players at the top of each round but we have traded down constantly like we are well built playoff team....this is not impressive, it wont be till we know if these picks pan out. So its pressure on all these picks to be worth it or Fitts ass is grass. 

Wtf are you talking about.. So after winning 5 games a team shouldn't try to fill the team with as many players they scouted as POSSIBLE?? We are good enough to get less players and hope they workout instead of having more option??

Yeah great strategy there..

• Poo 1
1 minute ago, OneBadCat said:

My thought here is that this is a way for Fritter to fill the roster on the  cheap . 

But also this allows Rhule to grow a culture of young guys on his team. Rhule got a lot of players to over achieve last year. If he gets the young back ups to buy in then we will be a very competitive team.

Fill the roster taking more shots having competition.. I swear ppl cried about not doing this before..

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

For those wondering why fans are skeptical of collecting this many late round picks.

They are skeptical because there’s no way to keep this many rookies on a roster or practice squad without getting picked clean. Also, the rookies selected this late generally will not be NFL level players and even low talent veterans will be better to fill the roster with.

It’s too many rookies to try and develop. They will need to trade these picks for a veteran or for picks next year.

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1