• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Day 3 General Discussion

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Yeah I'm fairly sure it was an ankle injury or something similar.

That's what I remember too. 

If his lack of production was due to the coach benching him over an argument, said coach needs to be fired.

4th and later is where we pick up our backups.  These are important players. Just because Hurney didn’t take it seriously does not mean we can’t start now. 

i have a feeling Rhule and Fitt may be better talent evaluators than the last crew. They may have better luck finding contributors after the Hurneys of the world stop go home.  

• Pie 5

10 minutes ago, 332nd said:

Whoa! I thought he was injured/covid risk during the season. The coach benched him that long over an argument?

Here is what the disagreement with the coach was about.  Could be a difficult outspoken player to work with.  Definitely coming in with a chip on his shoulder.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tulsaworld.com/sports/college/osu/oklahoma-states-chuba-hubbard-says-his-actions-always-come-from-a-place-of-caring-i/article_07509958-f3a4-11ea-a8f9-b77b85e344f6.amp.html

• Pie 1

Just now, WOW!! said:

No I'm suggesting talent is all over the draft and the more swings you have the better chance you have at drafting them.. 

Also this opinion is off due to the fact You nor I know how their board is stacked up and where "they" had these players ranked.. You basing your opinion on who you think they should have drafted based on your non professional knowledge of who they really scouted and who they wanted..

Lol, I never said that I knew. I am using simple logic that is based on the history of drafting in the NFL. You could just look at a column chart showing the number of players that are still on a team based on the round that they were drafted and see which rounds have the highest probability for choosing players that will actually help the team. 
Like I said before, I understand why the Panthers are doing this for this draft, but in my opinion it is not the best thing to do every year. Otherwise you will end up with a lot of late rounders and have to spend more in free agency to get qualified talent. Maybe that is their strategy after all.

lots of the guys taken after the 3rd, will not be year one starters.

most have talent, but need to be coached at a different level to one that is suitable for the pro game.

many schemes from college are not anything like the pro style offense.

if we find the "athletes" that love football, our coaches can make them great contributors after their initial season

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Monrowed said:

Lol, I never said that I knew. I am using simple logic that is based on the history of drafting in the NFL. You could just look at a column chart showing the number of players that are still on a team based on the round that they were drafted and see which rounds have the highest probability for choosing players that will actually help the team. 
Like I said before, I understand why the Panthers are doing this for this draft, but in my opinion it is not the best thing to do every year. Otherwise you will end up with a lot of late rounders and have to spend more in free agency to get qualified talent. Maybe that is their strategy after all.

is there a stat that shows which drafts were more loaded with talent than others?