• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Day 3 General Discussion

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

It’s ok to have an opinion lol. I was right about Greg Little and who I wanted instead. The football guys aren’t perfect. I’ll trust the same eyes. Unless Brown actually takes getting in shape seriously, he’s got no chance.

Did you watch the Senior Bowl? I did so I’ll put out my opinion. Really can’t stand people who blindly follow people with no actual opinion of their own.

I was right about Stephen Hill has nothing to do with now.. Plus you're still not being paid for your opinion..

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He never missed a game and in the 6th, I would have much rather taken a chance on a guy who was much more athletic than a guy who looked terrible at the Senior Bowl. In the 6th, you are taking shots in the dark.

Below is from an article I just googled and was spot on. I did see some articles about him losing 20 pounds after Senior Bowl but he looked flat out bad during the game. Maybe he he didn’t take it seriously had way too much help around him at Bama and has come to the realization that he’s done with football year 1 if he plays like the Senior Bowl.

Deonte Brown, G, Alabama

Deonte Brown was getting some buzz late in the college season, but his Senior Bowl performance likely snuffed that out like a wet blanket over a fire. The former Alabama guard looked slow, and there were already low expectations about his movement skills. Furthermore, Brown was known as a power player but really failed to show that this past week. The hulking guard looked off balance and slow to the punch on more than one occasion, leaving his projection teetering on the cliff of a day two selection.

“teetering on the cliff of a day two selection” and Carolina drafts him in the 6th, people still cry because they didn’t draft a guy with a blood clot condition over him

looooooool

• Pie 1

Hopefully he’s serious. I saw that as well because he looked awful at the game and I hope it was a wake up for him because he’s on the team now.

Big guys like this have problems keeping weight down. It’s definitely something to watch. It’s not a good look that he didn’t take the senior bowl seriously but he’s a 6th round pick so I’m not sweating it. 

I know fans wanted “their” guy at this pick at that pick but a lot of y’all have only seen YouTube videos on these people. Rhule has coached, recruited, played against and interviewed most of the picks he made, could’ve made or would’ve made but didn’t. He knows what he wants. He will coach them up. If he can’t then that’s on them, but he will try his hardest to make them winning football players and that’s what matters. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Terrible pick. Smith was way better. Brown legitimately looked terrible at the Senior Bowl. Unless he’s losing 40 pounds he won’t make the team. Movement skills were non-existent.

This is like taking Gaulden.

What’s the RAS score difference?

You don't want to know.

Exactly. 6th rounders are shots in the dark. Thanks for at least not being a dick. Man, these homers are annoying. Every pick is perfect and how dare you have an opinion. I’ve literally posted since day 2 that I was very concerned about Brown because he didn’t take the Senior Bowl seriously and was absolutely the slowest player on the field by far. The NFL is different from being a part of the most talented OL in college.

The team is gonna have to try to stay on top of him with his weight but ultimately it’s gonna be up to him if he wants it. Guys this big have huge weight fluctuations that are difficult because they’re obsessed with eating. I’d hire the dude a dietician and hope for the best. I’d rather take the guy who has trouble with weight then the other guy who has blood clot issues tho.