• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 5(a) - Carolina Panthers select Daviyon Nixon - DT- Iowa

Zod

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

Says he dropped due to off field issues???

I don’t understand why the nfl doesn’t have programs to help players with off field issues. I mean you invest millions of dollars in a player and you are in a company that makes  billions each year. Make a babysitting program. Make these players with off field issues get counseling, mental health help and make it to where they have someone watch them and make them live in a controlled environment. It’s not like you couldn’t make them sign a contract where they would have to agree to it.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Zod said:

Carolina Panthers select Daviyon Nixon - DT- Iowa

I'm calling it right now after watching film on this guy... Nixon will become a starter and a star for this team!! This guy has that different kind of motor, plays violently, hugely competitive and is just super athletic. His intangibles are through the roof! Cannot believe he was still available, this is the Panthers biggest steal IMO!

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I don’t understand why the nfl doesn’t have programs to help players with off field issues. I mean you invest millions of dollars in a player and you are in a company that makes  billions each year. Make a babysitting program. Make these players with off field issues get counseling, mental health help and make it to where they have someone watch them and make them live in a controlled environment. It’s not like you couldn’t make them sign a contract where they would have to agree to it.

The NFL has programs, and symposiums especially designed for rookies. As well, most teams have someone in charge of player development. There is help out there for those that use it.

Colleges however, are dreadfully lacking in this area.