• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 5 (b) - pick 22 - Keith Taylor DB from Washington

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Washington DB's usually play pretty well.

Here is some great film break down on him, tons of potential.

They clearly want guys that have physical traits, who want to get better and will do the work to get better. This guy certainly checks those boxes. Will look forward to see what the coaching staff can help him become. 

• Beer 1

Just now, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

Not gewdjosh-norman-ras-10038.png?resize=806%2C522&ssl=1

People used to give me hell for saying Norman was a subpar athlete for an NFL CB but I only said it because it was very true. His instincts and ball skills more than made up for it, but the truth is that Norman was never a good athlete by the very lofty standards of an NFL CB.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

He only had 10 pass breakups and allowed that few tds and low of a cmp%? I might need to watch more on this guy.. at first I just figured it was a filler pick but some of the stuff im seeing suggests to me that he might be the one guy who plays his role very well but doesn't get the stats and gets underrated as a result. INTs are a useless stat in college for predicting how a player will translate to the next level; Holliman (the CFB INT record holder) was out of the league after preseason cuts. Our very own Jaycee Horn only had two.

Edited by beo
  • Pie 2

Panthers selected Washington CB Keith Taylor with the No. 166 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. 

Taylor (6'2/198) started for Huskies his final two years on campus. He didn't accrue any notable accolades and broke up only six passes, none of which were interceptions. Taylor was at his best on film when allowed to sit in shallow zones and drive back toward the ball. Taylor may have an explosive, yet inconsistent trigger on these assignments, but his tackling and demeanor are admirable. Taylor would be best in a zone-heavy scheme, either outside or in the slot, and may have a future at safety if things do not work out at cornerback.