• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 5 (b) - pick 22 - Keith Taylor DB from Washington

2 minutes ago, beo said:

He only had 10 pass breakups and allowed that few tds and low of a cmp%? I might need to watch more on this guy.. at first I just figured it was a filler pick but some of the stuff im seeing suggests to me that he might be the one guy who plays his role very well but doesn't get the stats and gets underrated as a result. INTs are a useless stat in college for predicting how a player will translate to the next level; Holliman (the CFB INT record holder) was out of the league after preseason cuts. Our very own Jaycee Horn only had two.

Bradberry was consistently underrated on a national level because A) we weren't a very good team in a small market and B) he didn't make many plays on the ball. But, the dude could flat out cover. INTs are icing on the cake IMO. I'll take excellent coverage all day everyday, especially from a late round pick.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Zod said:

Josh wasn't a test taker.

He was a super competitor. Lining up against another human motivated him and made him better. Running cones didn't motivate him.

Josh had the trait that I love.  “I am going to rip your head off”.  You cannot test for it but it clearly propels you in this league.  

2 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

I actually like the player just fine but there were several options on the board that I liked better. This feels like we are trying to show everyone how smart we are and that can get you in trouble.

You’re not a scout or GM, so what makes your evaluation better than theirs? Mock drafts?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

seems like we're going to be doing a lot of man coverage and backing way off the off-man poo. dude is tall, pretty fast (although probably not quick enough to handle fast and shifty slot guys). he's also really aggressive and a good wrap-up tackler. like horn, he's probably going to be getting a few flags, but i'm ok with that. better than allowing receptions and TDs. looks like a good option to have on the field with horn. 

https://www.bigblueview.com/2021/3/24/22326153/2021-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-keith-taylor-jr-cb-washington-scouting-report-ny-giants

Keith Taylor Jr. is an outside cornerback prospect with the length, foot quickness, coverage skills, and athleticism to play corner in the NFL.

Taylor typically aligned at outside cornerback for the Washington defense, playing man, off-man, and zone coverages. He is at his best in man coverage, using his foot quickness and long speed to stay with receivers throughout their routes. Taylor is a physical player in tight man coverage, using his length to disrupt early in the route as well as to be disruptive at the catch point. He has the length to play around or through receivers, He shows solid awareness in zone coverage, with the range to get depth quickly and control a relatively large area of the field.

Taylor is a solid tackler, with good physicality and form. He generally wraps ball carriers up and is unafraid of contact. He is a willing run defender as well as a reliable tackler in space.

Taylor’s aggressiveness can get the better of him in particularly tight press-man coverage, as he can get overly grabby, which can result in pass interference calls. He can also be too quick to bail in off-man coverage, at times guessing and getting too much depth when the receiver runs a short route. He can also get caught looking in the backfield in those situations.

Taylor is a fairly high-cut corner and while his foot quickness is enough to compensate for high hips against most outside receivers. However, he shouldn’t be lined up inside against quicker slot receivers.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Josh had the trait that I love.  “I am going to rip your head off”.  You cannot test for it but it clearly propels you in this league.  

he was more the mouthy type of guy who kept saying "i'm going to rip your head off" but who ends up just doing a lot of talking. A LOT of talking.

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

seems like we're going to be doing a lot of man coverage and backing way off the off-man poo. dude is tall, pretty fast (although probably not quick enough to handle fast and shifty slot guys). he's also really aggressive and a good wrap-up tackler. like horn, he's probably going to be getting a few flags, but i'm ok with that. better than allowing receptions and TDs. looks like a good option to have on the field with horn. 

https://www.bigblueview.com/2021/3/24/22326153/2021-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-keith-taylor-jr-cb-washington-scouting-report-ny-giants

This guy isn’t gonna see the field much. Practice squad more than likely. 

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not surprising. He looked good at Senior Bowl week. I mentioned in another thread to keep an eye out for us to potentially draft him today.

I knew we'd see several senior bowl players on our radar. At this point it's throwing darts at the board.

Just now, TheRumGone said:

This guy isn’t gonna see the field much. Practice squad more than likely. 

Yeah, he's more than likely a ST and developmental player but I like the trend that he represents along with Horn as far as the type of corners that we're targeting.

14 minutes ago, Zod said:

They coached him at the senior bowl. Obviously they thought he was someone they could mold into a depth player. 

And eventual starter.

kid balled out at the senior bowl and many were expecting his stock to really jump from there.

most of the more trusted writers/mockers had him going in the bottom of the 3rd