• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 5 (b) - pick 22 - Keith Taylor DB from Washington

3 minutes ago, NAS said:

You’re not a scout or GM, so what makes your evaluation better than theirs? Mock drafts?

Nothing makes my evaluation better. I looked at other people’s scouting reports and some highlights to make my own judgement.... because I’m just a fan on a message board sharing my opinion like 100% of everyone else on here.

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

This guy isn’t gonna see the field much. Practice squad more than likely. 

i don't know. seems like there is going to be pretty open competition for CB. The room doesn't have a whole lot of people in it. 

Just now, Verge said:

Heyyy whatsup @Jackofalltrades miss your constant posting buddy.

Taylor had a very good senior bowl, can't say I watched him play beyond that though. I'll trust Rhule with this one. 

I appreciate it, I lurk a lot during the season but don’t post much any more. I miss conversing with some of the vets as well. 

I didn’t pay much attention to the pre-draft chatter so the reviews are really all I have to go on, but I know they’re wildly inconsistent. As with every player in every draft I’ll remain cautiously optimistic. 

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

I actually like the player just fine but there were several options on the board that I liked better. This feels like we are trying to show everyone how smart we are and that can get you in trouble.

In other words....it was a Hurney move. 

Just now, rayzor said:

i don't know. seems like there is going to be pretty open competition for CB. The room doesn't have a whole lot of people in it. 

Horn, donte and AJ are locks right now. Then we have Troy pride, Stanley Oliver, Melvin, Jalen, and this guy. They’re gonna be competing for a spot in training camp. So I would not be surprised to see Taylor go to the practice squad. There’s definitely gonna be a competition for those last spots.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Horn, donte and AJ are locks right now. Then we have Troy pride, Stanley Oliver, Melvin, Jalen, and this guy. They’re gonna be competing for a spot in training camp. So I would not be surprised to see Taylor go to the practice squad. There’s definitely gonna be a competition for those last spots.

the problem is, how many of those guys on the roster fit the aggressive man scheme it looks liker we're going to be heavily moving towards? more likely to see a lot of those other 'maybe' type players not on the team than taylor on the practice squad.

Just now, rayzor said:

the problem is, how many of those guys on the roster fit the aggressive man scheme it looks liker we're going to be heavily moving towards? more likely to see a lot of those other 'maybe' type players not on the team than taylor on the practice squad.

I’m just saying there’s gonna be a competition between those lower tier guys and it wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up on the practice squad or not getting much playing time. Not sure if he has any special teams ability. 

30 minutes ago, rayzor said:

seems like we're going to be doing a lot of man coverage and backing way off the off-man poo.

That makes sense.  We only need another half second to one second and Brian Burns is going to start looking like an All Pro to non-Panthers fans.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I’m just saying there’s gonna be a competition between those lower tier guys and it wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up on the practice squad or not getting much playing time. Not sure if he has any special teams ability. 

true. i'm not sure about the special teams stuff, but i'm sure he's got the wheels to be a good gunner. it may take time for him to be a starter, but in a year or two i can see it. this year it would probably be situational stuff he gets brought in on, but he would be able to hang with some of the better WRs in the league when he does. 

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

With 2 or even 3 safeties, they are going to want aggressive press man qbs.  They know what they are doing.  Very excited about Horn, Nixon, and now this guy's upside.  He is not there yet, but we have Melvin and Bouye to hold down the fort.  I still think we need a LB--on D and an IOL on offense.