• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 6 (A) Deonte Brown - G - Alabama

8 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Y'all think we wanted to get better in goal line and "inches to go".

Dude can straight push most any DT backward...may not be athletic, but he's powerful.

Yep. If nothing else he can be a backup and be used in goalline situations. Hes the only guy in the SEC that could roll with Derrick Brown in 2019. Big D murdered most everybody else, Big De held his own though. 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

He needs to be at 340 tops--preferably at 330.

At his current weight he'll just get gassed and be way less effective. The exciting thing is that he could be way better stamina and strength wise if he trims down and loses some of the excess fat. I don't think anyone has seen him at his best. I suspect the "team rules" he violated was eating way too much and getting too fat. j/k

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 1

Oh wait this is the guy who I was ranting about last year who did well against Derrick Brown! Here is a video made by some British guy that I posted last draft. Might as well post it again. Watch 65! That's our guy versus... our new guy!

17 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Dropped because he was too fat during SR bowl---if ever a year for that---he has lost 20 lbs since. https://www.si.com/college/alabama/bamacentral/alabama-ol-deonte-brown-has-lost-nearly-20-pounds-since-senior-bowl

He dropped because he got his lunch ate in 1-on-1 drills at the Senior Bowl against the top athletic D-linemen. I remember his lateral movement was nonexistent.  He will have a hard time picking up loops and stunts.

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

He dropped because he got his lunch ate in 1-on-1 drills at the Senior Bowl against the top athletic D-linemen. I remember his lateral movement was nonexistent.  He will have a hard time picking up loops and stunts.

dude was fat AF at senior bowl.

of course he aint going to be able to block poo being in such terrible shape.

he needs to drop down to 320-330

• Pie 1

I am bumping this thread because I listened to Rhule on WFNZ interview and he made my day.  He was talking about specific guys they wanted to target and he specifically mentioned Brown.  

So he wasn’t just an afterthought and hopefully has a role on the team. 

I so hope he makes it.   I would love to see him pancaking guys every Sunday   

• Beer 1