• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021 Panther UDFA thread

rayzor

57 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

After drafting 11 players, the Panthers roster was up to 86, leaving just four vacancies until they start subtracting from the current roster (though draft picks don't officially count until they're signed)

https://www.panthers.com/news/undrafted-free-agents-moore-draguicevich-fisher-stokke-brown-carolina

So you expect more UDFA coming?????!!!

If I could have changed anything about our draft other than ridhjng we had gotten Sewell but that's another story, I wish we would have taken a safety in the 7th instead of the dlineman. Ford from Pitt and trill Williams from Syracuse were there for the taking. Oh well, that's the only issue I got.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Does anyone know if we get a comp pick in next years draft?????????!!!! Even if its a 6th that would be amazing. We didn't sign anyone expensive besides Moton, but that easily offsets w Curtis and that's a franchise tag.

None

The UDFA I'm really interested in is David Moore from Grambling State.  The Carolina coaching staff had him try a few snaps at Center during the Senior Bowl practices.   That's a whole lot of beef to snap the ball !  I hope he makes the practice squad as some type of interior lineman.  

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ah.

Wasn't part of that convo, but I wasn't a big believer in Newman either. He had an awful Senior Bowl then skipped out on Georgia's pro day.

Actually, he decided to go back to Wake Forest to do their pro day.  Makes sense since he never played a down for Georgia.  

8 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

Does anyone know if we get a comp pick in next years draft?????????!!!! Even if its a 6th that would be amazing. We didn't sign anyone expensive besides Moton, but that easily offsets w Curtis and that's a franchise tag.

Resigning your own guys doesn’t count against the comp pick formula, but Carolina signed too many eligible players from other teams to come close to a comp pick without a bunch of the vets getting cut in camp. 

David Moore is a STEAL. He could potentially be a center in the future with obvious guard flexibility. Some highly regarded draft analyst had a day 2 grade on him. Furher rhule and co knows him well from the senior bowl 

7 minutes ago, SOJA said:

David Moore is a STEAL. He could potentially be a center in the future with obvious guard flexibility. Some highly regarded draft analyst had a day 2 grade on him. Furher rhule and co knows him well from the senior bowl 

See, I want to believe this. Then I remember the Panthers decided to draft a long snapper instead of him. We shall see.