• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Grade on our Draft

Pup McBarky

4 minutes ago, SOJA said:

First off this was the best draft in Panthers history

Second, who is this mystery anchor left tackle in the second you keep mentioning 

Is our OL stacked minus the LT spot?  

Seemed like leading into the draft our weak OL was a issue...not just the fact we need a LT. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Is our OL stacked minus the LT spot?  

Seemed like leading into the draft our weak OL was a issue...not just the fact we need a LT. 

Yeah, I was hoping LT in first, CB in second, then use the 3rd to trade back and get capital to draft a C and G. Apparently, our staff are confident in who we have. I hope they're right but I'm skeptical.

IMO, if Brown can lay off the junk food we just found a starting guard in the 6th. Go watch his tape. I get he had a bad senior bowl but that's just it; one bad game where he was overweight and he's already lost 20 pounds since then.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

5 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

I'm thinking Eichenberg or Cosmi have a much better chance at being that anchor than Christensen.

Fair, I disagree in that I think the drop from Eichenberg/Cosmi to Christensen is negligible and Christensen tested off the charts in terms of RAS. 

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, CRA said:

the grade of this draft will come down to how the QB/OL play looks this year IMO 

If it’s bad? Well...this draft and the choices will be heavily discussed. 

Fair point.

Its amazing how completely the defense has been rebuilt since the end of 2019, but you are right about the team being judged by the O Line play and QB, considering how we passed on multiple LT prospects and Fields.

On the other hand, if the O Line and Darnold play well, Rhule & Fitterer deserve all the accolades for turning around a team that was on paper arguably the worst roster in the league (on paper) pre-draft before the 2020 season 

I think this draft was incredible all things considered, and if Rhule can do the improbable and turn this team around around and to a SB in 2 years 

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, beo said:

IMO, if Brown can lay off the junk food we just found a starting guard in the 6th. Go watch his tape. I get he had a bad senior bowl but that's just it; one bad game where he was overweight and he's already lost 20 pounds since then.

He turned up to the Senior Bowl at 376lbs. He has to lose another 20lbs for mine.

Edited by OldhamA
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Fair, I disagree in that I think the drop from Eichenberg/Cosmi to Christensen is negligible and Christensen tested off the charts in terms of RAS. 

I honestly think it's a crapshoot after Sewell / Slater / Darrisaw.

I saw Cosmi get ragdolled a lot on the cut-ups I watched. Eichenberg was solid. So was Christensen. It's all about the situation you put them in now.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Cosmi (9.99!) actually charted higher in RAS. Eichenberg wasn't far behind Christensen.

• Pie 1

My expectations were 3 starters at least. They got 1 1/2 so I’m going D+ C-. Marshall and tremble will spend more time watching from the bench than on the field and the holes at Tackle/LB/safety are still glaring 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 5

Greet draft! Our staff just views Darnold as a better prospect than Fields. Once I accepted that, it’s easy to see how great and athletic this young team is. Our defense is going to be oozing with potential now and (thinking of Darnold as a young QB with potential like our staff does) our offense is really just missing a LT with a few young options now. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The only question after a draft is did the team better. Yes. Is the depth better. Yes. Did you get guys who will start this year and will back up guys play a lot. Yes. I like most of what we did. We are better at CB, OL, RB and are at least as good at DT and WR. This was an excellent draft.

Some can't see the forest for the trees. When Tremble is destroying guys on the edge and in the hole so that McCaffrey scores, I couldn't care less how many catches he has. Brady's offense isn't about a pass catching TE.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1