• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Grade on our Draft

Pup McBarky

3 hours ago, RJK said:

My expectations were 3 starters at least. They got 1 1/2 so I’m going D+ C-. Marshall and tremble will spend more time watching from the bench than on the field and the holes at Tackle/LB/safety are still glaring 

I think Horn, Christensen, Brown, Fletcher (haha, you said starter), Shi as a returner, and even Tremble. Tremble will be our main FB/TE IMO. With our defensive philosophy I could easily see Nixon getting major snaps. Terrace may not be a starter, but will prob get major snaps as well. Chuba was great value and will probably share snaps and be in when CMC is out wide. Most of these picks will be contributors and not just depth. I’m not sure we could ask for much more. I see at least 8-9 guys who will be constant contributors or better.  Hard to be down on that.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

B.   Coming into the draft QB and OL were the two biggest question marks.  I was overjoyed when the answers dropped into our lap and then you know what happened. 

After the first two actions, I am completely on board with every single pick.  Masterful is right.  

7 hours ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

You guys are sleeping on Tommy Tremble. That man is a monster. His hands are adequate, but the way we use our TE is similar to the 49ers is Their FB, Jucyszk.

He going to giving Mccaffrey all kind of running room, opening up lanes on the edge in the run game. Not only that but as a stalk blocker for our WRs who could house it at any moment.

This gives our athletes on the edges the much needed protection we've been waiting for. He's not a Pro-Bowl Tackle, or a Travis Kelce WR. But he's one of those players who does the dirty work, and loves to do it. And does it Nasty. He's Grimey. And that's exactly the type of player we need at that position even if he Nevers grows outside of a high level blocker.

He may not be great in all aspects, but he's the type of Roll player that makes guys like CMC hall of famers.

Kind of reminds me a bit of Hoover. 

10 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

3b. Tommy Tremble, TE/HB - Grade D. Really bad pick. Would've been an F were it not for my belief that Brady has plans to scheme for the guy. He's a good blocker and effectively replaces both our FB and blocking TE, but spending a 3rd round on him was too much capital for the return, imo, especially given who was still on the board.

I have to strongly disagree with you on this one. He's only 20. Runs good routes, shows pass catching ability that can be improved with coaching and he isn't a good blocker, he's a great blocker that moves very well laterally. I think you fail to see the many different possibilities he will bring to our offense as a "12th" man player and what his ability to flatten defenders at the second level will do for CMCs big play ability. I think in a couple of season he will be loved in Carolina. Awesome pick. Solid A.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The UDFA Stokke guy reminds me of Hoover. Tremble reminds me of Kris Mangum mixed with the most productive version of Chris Manhertz.

Edited by Cdparr7

I think we get an A for the draft .

It appears those who are( were ) in love with Fields will not like our draft.

Those who might agree with the talking heads , who say the CB and DE are the second most important positions on the field. ( behind QB )

Bleacher Report gave us the most improved team  overall draft .  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2942352-nfl-teams-that-improved-the-most-through-the-2021-nfl-draft

Edited by OceanPanther
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

You guys are sleeping on Tommy Tremble. That man is a monster. His hands are adequate, but the way we use our TE is similar to the 49ers is Their FB, Jucyszk.

He going to giving Mccaffrey all kind of running room, opening up lanes on the edge in the run game. Not only that but as a stalk blocker for our WRs who could house it at any moment.

This gives our athletes on the edges the much needed protection we've been waiting for. He's not a Pro-Bowl Tackle, or a Travis Kelce WR. But he's one of those players who does the dirty work, and loves to do it. And does it Nasty. He's Grimey. And that's exactly the type of player we need at that position even if he Nevers grows outside of a high level blocker.

He may not be great in all aspects, but he's the type of Roll player that makes guys like CMC hall of famers.

You are correct sir. He is a maller. I remember a Tight end who was a similar type who became one of the best ever. Jason Witten. If he can match half of Witten's career was, he will be a huge steal even in the 3rd round. He is gonna make the Defense ends tremble with fear. Also he helps with our possible weak bookends at tackles if Moton gets hurt. And Witten...wait for it..was a 3rd rounder. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I commented late on a previous thread, and doubt many of you read this, so I will repeat it here.  My thought on Tremble is that he is a big piece of the puzzle that -- now assembled -- will show a pretty unstoppable offense.  He is not a skill player; he is an enabler that will serve to heighten their skills.  They also serve who only block.

This is a FANTASTIC scheme fit!

You guys who are fixated on his hands, his drop rate, etc. are way off the mark.  He wasn't drafted to catch passes.

There's been talk about Armah and Tolbert, but they're not the comparisons to make.  Go back further, back to the days of Double Trouble (probably a lot of you weren't around then)  How do you think Stewart and Williams gained over 1,000 yds each in 2009?

It was because of the mammoth holes in the DL that were created by Brad Hoover.

("Hooooov")

This young man loves to block like Hoover did, and CMC will be looking at second level space like never before.  Or put the kid in motion from the right side and let him chip the DE to help out our LT.

This is a brilliant draft choice, and fits our scheme maybe better than it would any other team in the league

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Tremble, to me, is a bit of a head scratcher just because of where he was taken. Didn’t expect a blocking TE/HB with the third. Saying that, I’m actually pretty excited to see how he’s used and what he can do within our offense. I just have to look at him as a lineman that can consistently get into the second level AND catch the ball.