• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

That ATL Offense: Don’t panic

WarHeel

2 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

It depends. I could see Bouye being on Julio with Horn on Pitts or more so Ridley who has constantly killed Donte each year. I do want a FS. I’m not against it. Wanted Moehrig or Grant. 

I didn't want Moehrig. Just not good enough. Still I wish we had done something more. In the old days we would just have our crappy safeties target the head to knock the ball loose. Now you have to play nice.

Just now, ColumbusCounty said:

Ridley - Jackson or Bouye

Pitts - Horn 

Julio - Chinn 

Ryan - Burns, Reddick, Brown, Jones 

Honestly, one could apply that exact question to our Offense and add a healthy Cmc and a QB who can throw further than 35 yards. 

The X-factor for our offense is the o-line and Darnold. Will the passing offense be explosive? Will the pass protection hold up after we passed on Slater? Will Darnold play better than his 78.6 career passer rating? We have no idea what's going to happen on offense.

When Jackson first got some confidence as a starter he would beg the coaches to let him play man. Recievers starting beating him deep, and would rant and rave about the receivers pushing off. Then he came to his senses and realized that this is not the 1990's and only the most rare elite CBs in the NFL, just a few freaks, can really lock things down. And even then there going to get burned here and there or get PIs.

Don’t like they have Pitts. That dude is no joke going to give us issues. Even with Horn, don’t think anyone will stop him and Jones.

But as said their defense still sucks balls, and no one goes to playoffs or wins games that matter without a defense.