• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule on Sam Darnold and the QB Situation

methodtoll

58 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Wanting respect from an organization and some commitment should never be considered a tirade. Also pulling personal opinions and conclusions about behind closed door deals is something I wished we could get past on the Huddle.

going on social media to complain about your company is a tirade..... He LITERALLY shared a story on IG that is LITERALLY a tirade.

"
a long, angry speech of criticism " = tirade. lol.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

I don't see it.    All I see is the ... where it gives only two choices to Share or Report.

Where would you usually see the Edit button?

In the same place where you see Report and Share, but it's only there for about five minutes after you post then it goes away.

2 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

That is all hearsay dude. Half the huddle was saying that was biblical truth and the other half said it was nonsense.  Some one posted that Cam wanted a five year extension over a two year one. It was never said by any reputable news outlet that it was true at all. I believe they were angry after his posts, but it really came down to not knowing about his shoulder. But that's my opinion. Y'all take this stuff as concrete evidence and run with it like Facebook Panther fans.

Hint: The half that said it was the truth...they were right.

The five year extension story came from somewhere else.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

In the same place where you see Report and Share, but it's only there for about five minutes after you post then it goes away.

Well Mr. Scot, I am at a loss 'cause it's not showing up for me.

So hopefully, I am careful to check my grammar, spelling, and other things before posting 'cause I apparently only have one shot.

• Poo 1

On 5/1/2021 at 11:59 PM, methodtoll said:

What is the confidence level in Sam Darnold and the Panthers quarterback situation?

Rhule: "We brought Sam here because we believe that he can win for us. When we look at him over his last three years, we see a guy with tons of potential. We see a guy that we think in our situation, in our offense is going to do really good things. And we have a lot of faith in PJ Walker, we have a lot of faith in Will Grier, so we think we have a really healthy quarterback situation. It should be fun from here. All I want Sam to do is just take it one day at a time. Everything for him doesn't have to be a referendum on whether he's a great quarterback or not. He just needs to come into the building and work every day. I believe the quarterback position is really, really important, but I also believe great teams win. I think Sam is going to be as good as the guys around him, and we've tried to put a lot of really good players around him. I'm excited to have him."

It may just be coach speak but the fact that they didn't draft one single QB, in any round speaks volumes to how they feel about the current QB Situation. I think I am starting to believe they actually think more highly of Grier more than I thought. 

Thoughts? 

I’m pretty concerned that they feel comfortable about the QB room considering it’s easily bottom 3 in the NFL. 

We should cut Grier and sign a vet that can show these kids how to work. 

Edited by Riv
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Riv said:

I’m pretty concerned that they feel comfortable about the QB room considering it’s easily bottom 3 in the NFL. 

You have someone in mind, Riv?

• Poo 1

9 minutes ago, Riv said:

Even worse than Denver, Houston, and WFT?

Lolol. Cam and Greg both got hit with media PR bs from the team, but of course it’s all cams fault. And hypothetically, even if cam did want a contract extension, that would be a really fuging stupid reason to cut the guy.

“Oh, you want to stay here? Well, guess what, we’re cutting your mvp ass. I mean, letting you seek a trade, since we just told the media you’re demanding to be traded. Ps, my farts don’t stink.”

10 minutes ago, Riv said:

What is he supposed to say?  They all suck and we are screwed?  Don't put a lot of stock in coach speak.  He knows the situation. It will get sorted out in time. Trust the process man.

On 5/2/2021 at 1:27 PM, SizzleBuzz said:

Kiper (who is roundly criticized here and considered a buffoon) said that, haven't seen it from anyone else. (possibly I missed it)

If some stiff competition frightens Sam, well then, they definitely got the wrong guy (and it sure appears they don't want him to face any, competition that is).

I seen many people say he would be top 2 or 3 in this class

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Even worse than Denver, Houston, and WFT?

Denver has the guy who beat out Grier and PJ last year. 

Houston still has Watson and he’s backed up by a guy who’s done more in the NFL than our 3 guys combined and multiplied by 2. 

WFT has a better starter than we do and backups that are significantly better than ours. 

• Pie 1