• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daniel Jeremiah's top 150

1 hour ago, DCR said:

We had 5 of the top 100 players on a site of concensus big boards

14 Horn

35 Marshall

55 Nixon

73 Christensen

85 Tremble

plus Deonte Brown at 105

& Hubbard at 153

& Moore at 160

That's pretty awesome. Also--good thread OP.

Does anyone know why Nixon fell so much further than expected? I'm not seeing anything wrong with the dude.

This thread makes me feel much better about our draft as a whole. DJ seems to be one of the most honest, unbiased draft experts out there. And, seeing that a consensus ranking agrees lends even more credence. It seems we've brought in a haul of talent that wad badly needed.

I still don't understand passing on the 8th prospect for the 14th, unless you think we are set at qb. But, it appears that is what the brain trust believes. Or, are willing to bet their jobs on, at least. 

Damn I love this haul.  8 in the top 120.  

Horn 14

Marshall 48

Tremble 52

Christensen 67

Brown 108

Hubbard 115

Taylor 116

Nixon 119

Smith 148  

And all the naysayers were crying about trading down and accumulating more picks.  Have been screaming for a Seattle type draft for years and finally got one.   This is how you build depth and are able to replace players instead of either having to pay people to keep them or draft only for need. 

Fit nailed it   

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

Keep in mind the following:

1. We let Douglas and Elder leave, both of whom had a fair amount of playing time last year. 

2. Bouye is on a 1 year contract and is suspended for the first two games.

3. Donte has missed multiple games every year and is on the last year of his contract.

4. Melvin hasn't played since 2019 (he opted out last year) and before that had played for 3 different teams in 3 years. He's 31 years old and is on a cheap 1 year contract.

5. Stantley was a 7th round pick and Taylor is a 5th. Day 3 picks are usually developmental guys that you're not necessarily expecting to contribute a ton right away. Stantley got more time last year thanks to injuries and our lack of depth, but chances are, at least one of these guys is stashed on the practice squad this year and can get called up if injuries hit.

Considering Pride and Stantley are the only two corners under contract beyond this year other than our two new draft picks, it's unlikely they're done. More likely they'll be relegated to roles they should have had last year (depth and developmental) but were thrust in above their heads because our secondary was so devoid of talent. 

Well said.  Correction though: AJ Bouye is a 2 year deal.  

1 hour ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Glad to see you posting.  Wish you would post more often.  Love your work. 

I love this place. Twitter is kind of my main hub right now. It’s a constant stream of panthers content LOL. Stop on by anytime. 

Appreciate the kind words man.