• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daniel Jeremiah's top 150

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I thought the Saints had an extremely mediocre draft.  Happy day.

I thought it was quite interesting, especially since most of the media wants to question each choice. I was surprised when I counted 9 of the top 150 and was even more surprised to see we so many of the "great" teams added only a few. 

Props to our Draft Team.

I don't see how any outlet could give us a grade less than A.  They use the passing on Fields as their justification but we gained a lot of good players that have a chance to make the team.  

You could put it in a different perspective.  We only drafted 2 outside of the top 150. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

I like Taylor before the draft. My only concern is that we wasted two draft picks on corners last year in Pride and Stantley. We now added two vet corners and another two rookie corners. Is Pride done? Stantley too?

Keep in mind the following:

1. We let Douglas and Elder leave, both of whom had a fair amount of playing time last year. 

2. Bouye is on a 1 year contract and is suspended for the first two games.

3. Donte has missed multiple games every year and is on the last year of his contract.

4. Melvin hasn't played since 2019 (he opted out last year) and before that had played for 3 different teams in 3 years. He's 31 years old and is on a cheap 1 year contract.

5. Stantley was a 7th round pick and Taylor is a 5th. Day 3 picks are usually developmental guys that you're not necessarily expecting to contribute a ton right away. Stantley got more time last year thanks to injuries and our lack of depth, but chances are, at least one of these guys is stashed on the practice squad this year and can get called up if injuries hit.

Considering Pride and Stantley are the only two corners under contract beyond this year other than our two new draft picks, it's unlikely they're done. More likely they'll be relegated to roles they should have had last year (depth and developmental) but were thrust in above their heads because our secondary was so devoid of talent. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

4 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

I like Taylor before the draft. My only concern is that we wasted two draft picks on corners last year in Pride and Stantley. We now added two vet corners and another two rookie corners. Is Pride done? Stantley too?

The more the better. Competition to play the best and have depth in case someone gets hurt. Not just have 3 good guys and hope nobody goes down.