• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Big Picture, The Panthers Draft, and You - A Synopsis

Zod

Just the fact that I found myself saying "that was a damned good pick" from rounds 2-6, this draft was excellent. Just for the ability to trade back--kind of fly by the seat of their pants--and still get such great value, this draft gets somewhere between a B+ and A-.

Our draft room kind of made it look easy. And, believe me, I wouldn't say it if I didn't have much faith in this draft. Call it jumping the gun if you like, but this was a great draft that will reap clear and obvious benefits.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 3

This team, especially the defense, is full of young fast and smart players.  I think we'll see a very exciting group.   Last years defense that had so many holes improved as the season went along and gave us some exciting moments.  With our FA and draft additions we are going to see some serious fight for playing time.  I see many areas having rotations going on.  (ie.  D-line and CB) 

Offensively, we added some talent in every group except QB.   I believe we may reach out for a veteran QB to back up Darnold.   I like PJ but would hate to see a promising start go down the tubes because our backups aren't up for the task of taking over if Darnold gets hurt. 

Of all the players we drafted on offense, outside linemen, Tremble will probably touch the ball less than all of them but is probably the biggest addition to our offense.  CMC getting a stud to give him a crease is going to pay big dividends.   Super excited about him. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

And though perhaps unpopular with some Huddlers, some notable analysts always said that Darnold would be at worst the second QB taken in this year's draft if he had been in this class. 

I heard this from one guy.  Raised my eyebrows and dismissed it but when several things of the them come to the same conclusion it makes me think our FO and scouting department might be doing something other than surfing the google all day.  

Makes me less likely to excoriate them for taking a LS in the sixth instead of the 350 lb center from Bumfug State U dancing on roller skates in the tik tok video I saw.   

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I heard this from one guy.  Raised my eyebrows and dismissed it but when several things of the them come to the same conclusion it makes me think our FO and scouting department might be doing something other than surfing the google all day.  

Makes me less likely to excoriate them for taking a LS in the sixth instead of the 350 lb center from Bumfug State U dancing on roller skates in the tik tok video I saw.   

I agree. I certainly don't think they're just making moves all willy-nilly or out of some sense of panic or desperation as some have seemed to suggest here. The only place that narrative is even put forth and entertained is on the Huddle. And Darnold is the perfect example of that. Some here have exclaimed desperation, while many pros have repeatedly proclaimed it a shrewd move and expect good dividends at the very least. 

• Pie 1