• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Big Picture, The Panthers Draft, and You - A Synopsis

Zod

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Well. that's not good.

First off, hello!  I'm new here.  🙂

Now that said, The Jets were no good.

What did you expect?  

That franchise is a dumpster fire and for Sam to even have a PLUS-.500 RECORD after 3 seasons overall over there, speaks volumes.

He'll do great here.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

41 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Well. that's not good.

Well, if makes you feel better...I’ll give you a stat. 

since Sam arrived in the NFL...he has beaten more playoff teams than the Panthers have. 

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

@iamhubby1, you know what?

Forget I mentioned that record.   I did not do proper research.   

I meant to say that for Sam to even have a PLUS- .500 TD to INT ratio after 3 seasons overall over there, speaks volumes.     LOL.

Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy your time here.\

Out of Sam's 38 starts, he has 28 games with 1 or fewer INTs. I think I can live with that.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Well, if makes you feel better...I’ll give you a stat. 

since Sam arrived in the NFL...he has beaten more playoff teams than the Panthers have. 

I looked it up. He has 28 games with 1 or fewer INTs. 3 4INT games, 3 3INT games, and 4 2INT games.

I was expecting worse.

If we can get Good Sam the majority of the time. We just may be alright.

• Pie 1

The roster is now middle of the pack imo. I would put our record at around 8-8 given the talent we have right now. Where are we lacking? The problem area is the offensive line. Look at the LT position. The interior of the o-line has guys who fail to protect the QB in critical situations. You can't have that and expect the playoffs. Doesn't work that way. If we make the playoffs, then it's because Darnold played lights out.

We certainly have enough talent now to be in more games, and win more close games. 8-8ish is the expectation and anything worse would be injury related or Darnold pooping the bed.

The next draft should focus on a proper LT and a LG to pair with our future RG Deonte Brown. Also possibly a better center, and a pass rushing DT. Add those pieces in the next draft and you have a playoffs team assuming Darnold is at least average.

On 5/2/2021 at 3:14 PM, CRA said:

I think Sam makes more big plays than Teddy.   I think he makes more negative plays too.  Will just have to see what that looks like. 

I think Darnold being more capable than Teddy moving the ball downfield and CMC being healthy will propel this team into the playoffs.