• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JJ has had a great career. Now is time...

Zod

8 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

I checked. Teams are allow to converse with players that could go undrafted but can’t discuss financial terms. Let’s hope this isn’t another Tommy Stevens situation. Last year, Saints felt like Panthers had already agreed to terms with Stevens so instead they just drafted him. 

Im not trying to act like an ass here but you seem so negative with every single post. Whats up with that? Even your screen name is sort of on the negative side. What is troubling you? What makes you content or happy? I mean, there are a number of negative guys on this board and some are nothing more than smart mouthed neck bearded internet punks who are part time filmmakers and full time spoiled brats but you are not to that degree yet you are always so negative it seems. What is the deal?

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

The. Saints. Drafted. Tommy. Stevens. Last. Year. 

I.  Know.  You are still trying to make something out of nothing.  You can talk to players before you draft them. I dont know how else to break it down for you. 

Edited by Sir Purr

32 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Isn’t there something restricting teams from talking to undrafed free agents before the draft is over? Isn’t that how we and the Saints got into that mess with Tommy Stevens last year? If so, I’m afraid this video is going to bite us in the ass. Appeared that Rhule had already been talking to Fletcher prior to selecting him. 

Fletcher had been talking to another team about signing as an UFA, not us. That’s why when we called, he thought we were about to start pitching him the idea of signing with us. So no, we aren’t getting in trouble. 

44 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Isn’t there something restricting teams from talking to undrafed free agents before the draft is over? Isn’t that how we and the Saints got into that mess with Tommy Stevens last year? If so, I’m afraid this video is going to bite us in the ass. Appeared that Rhule had already been talking to Fletcher prior to selecting him. 

I think they can talk to them.  But they cannot discuss any money. 

I am wondering if this was a Sulemani cap move.  We have an aging LS in Jansen that makes over 1 mil.  A 6th round guy will make 610k.  So we save 2 mil over the term and while maintaining to production.  

Still would have wanted Trey Smith or Stone Forsythe.  But I do like the kid.