• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JJ has had a great career. Now is time...

Zod

28 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

It would have been awful if we had 6 picks...but this magic GM guy we have whipped out his iPhone and worked his magic.

If I recall JJ wanted to retire at the end of the season but I think was convinced to come back for one more year.

That's how I remember it also. 

2 hours ago, Agent Blue said:

naw, you can get a sufficient LS in undrafted FA

we passed up one of the best IOL prospects in Trey Smith for a LS when our OL needs improvement

Why get a sufficient one in UDFA when you can get the best one in the nation for the next 10 years with a 6th? Seems pretty reasonable to me 

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

One of the best prospects in the 6th? Lol

If they wanted him they would have drafted him. It's obvious they didn't want him.

Maybe they liked Deonte and Moore more.  Smith had medical flags.  We are not privy to the actual inner workings of a draft.  It's shitz and giggles for us, it's their job.  Example of my silly mocks

All trey draft.  Trey lance, tre hill, Trey smith, then any player who is a third III.  Or the tough to pronounce draft.  Guys with like 8 vowels in their name.  Believe it or not these strategies could have produced some decent drafts but silly.  Coulda woulda shoulda second guessing is a game to play couple years from now.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, jb2288 said:

Why get a sufficient one in UDFA when you can get the best one in the nation for the next 10 years with a 6th? Seems pretty reasonable to me 

Unfortunately, your post is too reasonable for a few in this thread to comprehend. 

• Pie 3

As long as Fletcher isn't terrible in camp/pre-season games he will make the roster. 

Marty and Ron drafted Harrison Butker to compete with Graham Gano then made a massive mistake in not keeping the younger cheaper PK over the vet.

Rhule and Fitterer will not make the same mistake 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Agent Blue said:

lol who the fug drafts a LS in the 6th over Trey Smith.

he couldn't believe it

Miami did it last year, their kicker went from an average kicker to one of the best in the NFL. Saunders from Miami talked about it saying that it is so important to have the snap placement, the ball down as quick as possible, and giving him that extra split second. 

• Pie 2