• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What in the everloving fruit of the loom croissant butter is this?

Zod

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My mom always said the least effective way of convincing someone you're smart is telling them you are.

Took me a few years to understand her, but now I get it.

Unfortunately, the message you took from that was to instead tell others how dumb they are to make yourself look smart by comparison. 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Maybe you should just stick with saying what you mean, rather than trying make excuses for what you posted. 

TLDR:  Words have meaning.

So do tones and sentiments.

Ever heard of a backhanded compliment?

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  This is a football message board that doesn't add up to a hill of beans, beyond a way to kill some time sharing opinions.

And here I thought we were deciding the fate of the franchise.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

One can disagree but pretending Toomers of all people knows more about what Rhule and Fitterer want more than they do is absurd.

Fitterer is a respected 24 year NFL scout and Toomers is a message board whiner.

I’ve never said anything about knowing what anyone in the Panthers organization wants or thinks. I questioned the decision they made. And gave specific reasons for it. Yet not one person can come up with a benefit of it. Where I gave many why it’s a bad one. Are you saying that Rhule and Fitt can’t be questioned? It’s usually the only reason you slink in and out of any thread. Someone’s being mean to my team 😭 

Hurney was in the NFL for most of 3 decades. Does that mean no one should have questioned him? Now, run along and complete the hit and run as usual. 

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

There were a few posters here that stated they'd no longer be fans if Jones was the Panther pick.  Other than that, there wasn't much discussion of it in the media.

I would have been horrified had we taken Mac Jones. The sports media had me laughing with how many different scenarios they had coming from their "sources" such as:

Panthers are trading up

Panthers are trading down

Panthers taking WR

Panthers taking QB

Panthers intrigued by Fields

Panthers want Wilson

Panthers not high on Lance

It was all being made up imo.

Edited by pantherj

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ask Rhule. He basically affirmed it.

Just out of curiosity, are you planning to be salty about them going with Darnold over who you wanted for the rest of the year or will you be letting this go at some point?

Let what go? Hilarious mental gymanstics to justify overlooking three years of some of the worst QB play in the NFL over that timespan?

What is Rhule supposed to say? "Yeah, we know the guy has sucked. We're hoping he doesn't suck for US."

• Flames 1

Just now, pantherj said:

I would be been horrified had we taken Mac Jones. The sports media had me laughing with how many different scenarios they had coming from their "sources" such as:

Panthers are trading up

Panthers taking WR

Panthers taking QB

Panthers want Wilson

Yeah, it kinda supports that old saying:  Everyone has an opinion, just like they have an...

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

I would be been horrified had we taken Mac Jones. The sports media had me laughing with how many different scenarios they had coming from their "sources" such as:

Panthers are trading up

Panthers taking WR

Panthers taking QB

Panthers want Wilson

Some of it probably was.

Fitterer let it be known a while back he was comfortable with misinformation being out there.