• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's Draft Grades

Verge

I love where we are now at G, DT, CB, and even TE (Arnold, Tremble).  We have NEVER been this good at WR, and CMC and Chuba could rival the Double Trouble side show from a decade ago.  I feel better about OT, QB, and special teams.

• Pie 6

Just now, rayzor said:

i merged and cleaned up the two threads. hope i didn't screw anything up. @Verge please check it over and see if it's ok.

Loved the analysis and I appreciate all the pre-draft work you do.

Thanks Rayzor! Much love 🙂

• Pie 1

Agree with everything, except that I'd grade Shi Smith as an A. This kid can ball. He's a smaller guy, but he's not that small. He's got good size for his height, and will likely get a little bigger and stronger in the pros. He plays big, and will outplay his draft position. Mark it down!

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, BigAggieLean. said:

As a fellow HBCU alum, I really rooting for the kid from Grambling, Moore.

He was dominant down there in Grambling.

I think he and brown will be our starting guards next year.  The kid from Grambling dominated the big boys at the SR Bowl.  I think he is the LG of 2022 and Brown will be the RG.  Elflein to Center maybe, and hopefully Christensen can hold down the LT job across from Moton.

I think Moore is this year's Norwell. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think he and brown will be our starting guards next year.  The kid from Grambling dominated the big boys at the SR Bowl.  I think he is the LG of 2022 and Brown will be the RG.  Elflein to Center maybe, and hopefully Christensen can hold down the LT job across from Moton.

I think Moore is this year's Norwell. 

Three rooks in the starting ol? I’m very excited about the potential of our draft picks, but that seems adventurous. 

1 minute ago, ECHornet said:

Three rooks in the starting ol? I’m very excited about the potential of our draft picks, but that seems adventurous. 

next year they will not be rookies. 

I think they have that kind of potential.

• Pie 1

I love this draft but the trading back and forth drove me crazy. What is truly great is all of the trading upgraded our team and replaced everything we traded for Darnold but the 2nd rounder next year. Would not surprise me if we get that back as well. Filled a lot of holes and showed up depth. Areas we need to work on are FS, LB and more depth.

Hurney used to draft players that he thought we could mold into what we do here.

Fitterer drafted players that fit our mold.  While there may have been others that we could have selected I think all of these selections were based on athleticism and their ability to fit into what we plan to do here.

Tremble is a prime example.  I watch some of his tape and teams will get so used to him blocking he'll sneak up and get us some crucial 1st downs.   Imagine him slamming a linebacker or cornerback and CMC takes off.  2019 CMC had some great runs.  This guy is going to give him more great runs. 

Fits our mold.   

Some of the latter round picks have a chance to contribute in rotation.

Depth is critical.  

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Thank you.

Feels good to have some extra picks, good depth (WOW), and the possibility of 4/5 starters/immediate contributors out of this draft, while making up for the Darnold Trade.

Man, Hurney could never.

An inability to fill holes and add depth were two of Hurney's biggest shortcomings among many others.

The way Fitterer and Rhule  managed this draft was amazing, and in stark contrast to what Panther fans are used to seeing.  

• Pie 6