• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Relative Athletic Score for all drafted players

Zod

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

If we can get 6 starters out of this draft class I consider it mission accomplished. 

Considering we started with just 8 picks and we also gained a 4th next year in the process, this would be a wildly successful draft if this comes true.

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol. If we can get 6 starters, it may well be the best draft class ever.

It would rival the Steelers draft class around 1970.

Pair it with last year's class, and that is how dynasties are formed.

Not only did we draft a coach who will get the younger players ready, we have a GM who knows the market and we have a capologist who is gooder at Math than I am English.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, Smittymoose said:

Eh I like this class and that’s great and all, but let’s see it when the pads are on and the cleats are laced up. Plus athleticism gives you a leg up, but it doesn’t make you a player. 

Are you suggesting that they were not wearing pads in college and they forgot to tie their shoes?

6 hours ago, Smittymoose said:

It’s relative to other players at that position, not that he’s “unathletic.” He’d probably still dust 95% of adult men in a 40 yard dash at 340+ pounds. 

Wait, would I have to be 340lbs too? (he was 376lbs at the Senior Bowl btw)

4 hours ago, stbugs said:

I hope he plays much better than I think he will, but remember the Greg Little has only ever given up 3 pressures discussion? That led to PFF loving him. His first or second start against Atlanta, he gave up 14 pressure and 3 sacks. College stats can be deceiving when you have so much talent around you or aren’t facing future NFL talent.

Watch this link of his practice 1 on 1 reps:

When they try to bull rush, it doesn’t work. When the DT is able to get by the tackle (one guy would have flown by but hit the tackle), Brown has no chance. During the game he looked even worse.

As Zod mentioned above, stunt and get the quicker pass rusher on him and he’s got no shot.

I hope he keeps losing weight because bull rush and run blocking he may be OK, but a DC that sees his weaknesses can game plan to that. Get an edge rusher to pull the tackle out and a quick NFL starting DT is in the QB’s lap quickly.

This is a very tough drill for a G with no C or T help.  You know who else sucked in this drill?  Norwell.

6 hours ago, Zod said:

"Just move the guy in front of you" sounds nice until they stunt a DE and DT and he has to try to stop a guy 5 times faster than he is. 

I just see him as a situational player for the first year or two. I don’t expect him to start, but I can see us bringing him in on 3rd and inches or 4th and goal from the 1 with Tremble lined up in front of CMC. For that, he could be a big help. We struggled to run the ball in those situations last year more often than I would like. Mike Davis going beast mode bailed us out a few times, but we need a better push when we are inches away. 

• Pie 1

I don't really get being overly critical of Senior Bowl stuff.   Good OL play also had a lot do with OL chemistry and guys working with guys they know. 

I think how he looked vs Auburn, LSU, Clemson, Ohio St, UGA, etc. is probably a better insight of him than the Senior Bowl. 

7 hours ago, Zod said:

I don't know what you are talking about. Our best guards were always very athletic. Our worst ones were not. It's the difference between Trai Turner and Duke Robinson 

Just to play devil's advocate, because I do believe he looks fairly out of shape, even for a big boy...  but, I don't think Norwell was super athletic.

I have hope for him though.  He has the pedigree and there have been quite a few interior OLs taken over the last decade who have succeeded in the league with pretty disgusting measurables.