• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible staff changes

Mr. Scot

Here' our personnel department as it was up till today.

General Manager - Scott Fitterer
Assistant GM - None (TBD)
Executive Director of Player Personnel - Jeff Morrow
Director of Player Personnel - Pat Stewart
Director of Pro Personnel - Matt Allen (Jerry Richardson's grandson)
Assistant Director of Pro Personnel - Rob Hanrahan

Pro Scout - James Blanchard
Pro Scout - Luke Kuechly (resigned)

College Scout - Jeff Beathard (Bobby's grandson)
College Scout - Jonathan Fields
College Scout - Robert Haines
College Scout - Mike Martin (getting a promotion with the Lions)
College Scout - Eli Montague
College Scout - Joel Patten

BLESTO Scout - Lee McNeil

If you're wondering why we have a Director of Player Personnel and an Executive Director of Player Personnel, good question. I could see that changing.

Likewise, if you're wondering why we have no Director or assistant Director of College Scouting, no idea but I won't be surprised if that changes also.

• Beer 1

Jerry Richardson's grandson.  Am wondering how he has survived to this point and also wondering why he wanted to be here.

Anyone know anything about him?

OK...so I tried to check him out...found this:

https://theathletic.com/623170/2018/10/31/the-richardson-name-got-him-the-ball-boy-gig-but-matt-allen-has-moved-up-the-panthers-organization-on-his-own/
He seems to have earned the respect of some.   This quote from Gross was complimentary of Allen but otherwise interesting (note...this article was from 2018)

Gross said the Panthers were loyal to a fault at times when employees would get promotions, but doesn’t believe that was the case with Allen.

“I always made jokes you could start as an equipment manager and end up running the place. There’s just so much loyalty in there. And some guys who were promoted to scout, I won’t say (who), but I thought, ‘Man, what did they (do)? Was there nobody else?’ As far as understanding football,” Gross said.

“But Matt always was a quiet observer and just seemed like a grinder. And that’s what you need to be as a scout. So he seems more than competent to me. And he loves it.”

7 hours ago, ladypanther said:

“I always made jokes you could start as an equipment manager and end up running the place. There’s just so much loyalty in there. And some guys who were promoted to scout, I won’t say (who), but I thought, ‘Man, what did they (do)? Was there nobody else?’ As far as understanding football,” Gross said.

Yeah, that's pretty consistent with what we've heard before about the Panthers under Richardson. He definitely valued loyalty over ability, and you saw where that got us.

If others are vouching for Allen, I'm okay. But I also wouldn't be terribly surprised if he, Jeff Morrow or both wound up replaced. Morrow especially because he and Pat Stewart are basically doing the same job.

And I'd like to think we're gonna put somebody solely in charge of college scouting again.

Edited by Mr. Scot

9 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Jerry Richardson's grandson.  Am wondering how he has survived to this point and also wondering why he wanted to be here.

Anyone know anything about him?

OK...so I tried to check him out...found this:

https://theathletic.com/623170/2018/10/31/the-richardson-name-got-him-the-ball-boy-gig-but-matt-allen-has-moved-up-the-panthers-organization-on-his-own/
He seems to have earned the respect of some.   This quote from Gross was complimentary of Allen but otherwise interesting (note...this article was from 2018)

I would assume that if he is still on the staff it is because he is good at what he does and likes working for the Panthers regardless of who the owner is. Possibly likes working for the team because of who the owner is. Or there is always the compromising photos theory.

4 minutes ago, mccjeff said:

I would assume that if he is still on the staff it is because he is good at what he does and likes working for the Panthers regardless of who the owner is. Possibly likes working for the team because of who the owner is. Or there is always the compromising photos theory.

At least for now, almost everybody's still on staff. That's par for the course when a new GM is hired.

Once that first draft is over though, anything can happen.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Little Goody Two Shoes said:

Also, don't we contract something out to some agency? Seems like Gettleman changed that when he came in maybe something else that could change. Maybe aggregate information on college players or something.

Switched to BLESTO back in 2014.

We still have a BLESTO scout on staff. If I recall correctly, BLESTO is the service that's used by the majority of NFL teams.

There's an article discussing the differences between BLESTO and National Scouting here.