• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revisiting Chris Troll Simms

CRA

32 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

thank goodness for nfl network, didnt have to listen to kipers dribble garbage on espn

Kiper is a running joke these days, but the man made a terrific point about the Panthers picking up Darnold who even after his years with the Jets that he would have been the #2 QB in this draft slotted behind Lawrence...and McShay agreed with him.

I give him credit for putting that out there and hope to all things holy he is right.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Moral of the story?  There isn't a big difference between looking at the mock a drunk huddler puts out there...and what Chris Simms does. 

I say this every year pre draft when everyone is posting every single mock and getting bent out of shape over something that means nothing

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Circling back here for a minute since we rarely do such on this type stuff.  Simms was one of the most talked about "inside" guys putting out what he thought would happen in the draft. 

Simms got a grand total of 7 picks right in the first round.  2 of those being free spaces essentially in Trevor and Wilson.   And almost all in the top 7.   And the picks that made  people pay attention to him and care? Mac in the top 5 and Fields 32nd? Not even close.

Moral of the story?  There isn't a big difference between looking at the mock a drunk huddler puts out there...and what Chris Simms does. 

Let's revisit it in three years to see if he was right.

NFL teams using premium picks on QBs does not automatically make them great.

Trey Lance is the one I'm most eager to watch - two guys who I think are excellent talent evaluators said he's the kind of pick that loses a GM his job. Fingers crossed that's true. 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Let's revisit it in three years to see if he was right.

NFL teams using premium picks on QBs does not automatically make them great.

Trey Lance is the one I'm most eager to watch - two guys who I think are excellent talent evaluators said he's the kind of pick that loses a GM his job. Fingers crossed that's true. 

well, this was about insiders (Simms) putting out mocks and the stock people put into that.    He mocked Mac to 3 because of SF/his inside knowledge ...not because he though Mac was the 3rd best prospect. 

Just now, Toomers said:

Not even close. I don’t care one bit about him. But fail to see how he wouldn’t have been as good a choice at much less compensation and risk. 

I understood why Sam was drafted initially where he was.

I never understood why Mitch was. 

• Pie 3

Just now, Toomers said:

Not even close. I don’t care one bit about him. But fail to see how he wouldn’t have been as good a choice at much less compensation and risk. 

Well on the FA market Mitch Trubisky signed a 1 year, $2.5m contract with a team that (bar injury) he has ZERO chance of winning the starting job on.

Darnold was traded for by the Panhters and we weren't his only suitors. Not to mention the Jets GM said he'd have stuck with Darnold is they didn't have the 2nd overall pick and wanted Wilson (he had no reason to say that).

Evidently the NFL has spoken on both players.