• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revisiting Chris Troll Simms

CRA

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I understood why Sam was drafted initially where he was.

I never understood why Mitch was. 

While I can see that point, what does it matter 4 years into their careers. Trubisky has at least been very good(and bad) instead of just average and bad.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Circling back here for a minute since we rarely do such on this type stuff.  Simms was one of the most talked about "inside" guys putting out what he thought would happen in the draft. 

Simms got a grand total of 7 picks right in the first round.  2 of those being free spaces essentially in Trevor and Wilson.   And almost all in the top 7.   And the picks that made  people pay attention to him and care? Mac in the top 5 and Fields 32nd? Not even close.

Moral of the story?  There isn't a big difference between looking at the mock a drunk huddler puts out there...and what Chris Simms does. 

I get folks get some jolly from mock drafts. But kind of weird you put so much stock into it to not only follow and care, but then come back days later to trumpet how wrong this person was. 

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Well on the FA market Mitch Trubisky signed a 1 year, $2.5m contract with a team that (bar injury) he has ZERO chance of winning the starting job on.

Darnold was traded for by the Panhters and we weren't his only suitors. Not to mention the Jets GM said he'd have stuck with Darnold is they didn't have the 2nd overall pick and wanted Wilson (he had no reason to say that).

Evidently the NFL has spoken on both players. 

An NFL team gave a 2nd and a 5th for Josh Rosen last year. Doesn’t mean the league all thought highly of him. Cam Newton and Winston got 1M. Just shows it was a bad move. Just no risk with Cam and Jamie’s. 

5 minutes ago, Ready 2 Win said:

I get folks get some jolly from mock drafts. But kind of weird you put so much stock into it to not only follow and care, but then come back days later to trumpet how wrong this person was. 

Especially when they all suck equally at predicting the draft.

12 minutes ago, Ready 2 Win said:

Simms is highlighted here because he was able successfully dictate the overall national conversation pre-draft.  Specifically Mac Jones.    

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Simms is highlighted here because he was able to successful dictated the national conversation pre-draft.  Specifically Mac Jones.  

Simms didn't dictate that.

Effectively speaking, the 49ers did.

Pretty much everybody thought the 49ers were taking Mac Jones from the day they traded up to #3 right up till the last couple of days before the draft. And even then, people were treating the talk about Trey Lance as rumors.

Their smokescreen game was damn near perfect.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Simms is highlighted here because he was able to successful dictated the national conversation pre-draft.  Specifically Mac Jones.  

Simms was hardly the only one. Have you looked at the assortment of mocks? Half + had the same prediction as Simms.

They're hardly worth a reaction as a whole.

Edited by Moo Daeng

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Simms didn't dictate that.

Effectively speaking, the 49ers did.

Pretty much everybody thought the 49ers were taking Mac Jones from the day they traded up to #3 right up till the last couple of days before the draft. And even then, people were treating the talk about Trey Lance as rumors.

Their smokescreen game was damn near perfect.

agree to disagree.  Simms is the one who pushed it.  And people assumed for Simms to push in it the manner he did....well, he must have inside info being Kyle's friend because giving up 4 first round picks for Mac Jones?!.... was bathshit crazy from the first moment Simms muttered it. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Simms was hardly the only one. Have you looked at the assortment of mocks? Half + had the same prediction as Simms.

They're hardly worth a reaction as a whole.

well, that was the point of highlighting Simms here.  He dictated the national discourse via the idea he was some insider of Kyle.  So people began to accept something that was crazy as fug and never made any sense largely because of Simms. 

4 first rounders for Mac Jones? Chris Simms made people think that made sense somehow.  Or that Kyle was that stupid and that into himself.  Pick one.   It never made sense.  I mean props to Simms on that I guess. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, that was the point of highlighting Simms here.  He dictated the national discourse via the idea he was some insider of Kyle.  So people began to accept something that was crazy as fug and never made any sense largely because of Simms. 

4 first rounders for Mac Jones? Chris Simms made people think that made sense somehow.  Or that Kyle was that stupid and that into himself.  Pick one.   It never made sense.  I mean props to Simms on that I guess. 

And three first rounders for a guy that has approx. 300 College throws makes sense?

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

And three first rounders for a guy that has approx. 300 College throws makes sense?

A lot of people are saying this pick will define them.

Not a lot of middle ground here. They'll either wind up looking like geniuses or absolute fools.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

A lot of people are saying this pick will define them.

Not a lot of middle ground here. They'll either wind up looking like geniuses or absolute fools.

For what they gave up for him he has to be an upper echelon NFL starter and quickly.

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

Which begs the question of why not take a chance on Trubisky for 3M and no draft picks as opposed to Darnold. 

There's no explaining why some of these teams do what they do.  You just have to be ready to take advantage of their incompetence.

Edited by Jon Snow