• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Matt Miller, the Carolina Panthers are the most improved team exiting the draft...

zacka77ack

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

How many bad snaps where there all last year? It’s good to have a solid LS but let’s be honest, all 31 other starting LSs aren’t having bad snaps every game.

I'll let you do that leg work, but the Panthers have been fortunate with JJ and drafted the best LS coming out of college.

Oh, and it only takes 1 bad snap from an LS to completely change the complexion of a game.

Edited by Rocky Davis
  • Pie 4

38 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Dude, do you know how important a competent LS is?  Long snapping is an art form and it isn't easy, try snapping a ball 13-15 yards on the mark with velocity knowing you are about to also have to block.

A good LS is worth his weight as a STARTER.

It's MUCH easier than it used to be with all the rule changes.

36 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Dude, do you know how important a competent LS is?  Long snapping is an art form and it isn't easy, try snapping a ball 13-15 yards on the mark with velocity knowing you are about to also have to block.

Agree completely

It's a job nobody notices until a botched snap ends a field goal attempt.   Then everybody realizes the LS is worth his weight in gold. 

22 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I disagree completely. Not anything to do with how I feel about Brown, but a 6th rounder isn’t likely to make the team let alone be a day 1 starter. I know people like to say you can get steals later in the draft but expecting that he’s one of the one or two starters that come from round 6 is a stretch. I’d love to see Moore win a job but I only think Christensen has an inside shot at starting because he should only have to beat out Scott and the staff wants him to win a spot. The staff also wants their $14M guaranteed guys to start, likely as Gs.

I genuinely don't think that's how it'll work under Rhule.

• Pie 2

54 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

As a former high school long snapper, I applaud you for your vast understanding of the nuances of the game sir. And you can bet your happy @$$ that I told girls I was a starter 😉

• Beer 1
  • The D 1

Just now, shaqattaq said:

As a former high school long snapper, I applaud you for your vast understanding of the nuances of the game sir. And you can bet your happy @$$ that I told girls I was a starter 😉

Guy I used to work with would tell girls he met in a bar that he was the Panthers backup punter.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Speaking of velocity, this is a fun clip!

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2