• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB1 Prediction (2021 Stats)

With all of the newly added weapons (Draft & Free Agency), what are your expectations for Sam Darnold in 2021 seeing as he might (should) be on a short leash this upcoming season. 

Notable Additions (On Offense):

David Moore WR

Pat Elflein OL

Cam Erving OL

Dan Arnold TE

Terrace Marshall Jr. WR

Shi Smith WR

Brad Christensen OT

Tommy Tremble TE

Chuba Hubbard RB

Deonte Brown OL

(Did not add UDFA)

I have a feeling Sam could be a Top 15 QB this next season. As long as we have a stable run game (CMC doesn't get hurt) and our OL improves (Ranked 18th last season), I believe Sam can improve a lot. I think we could add maybe 1 more OL/OT (Eric Fisher is one), but I believe a Safety and a LB will be priority. However, I don't think Sam has any excuses this season. We (our FO) have expressed 100% commitment to this man and have surrounded him with the necessary talent to succeed. 

QB1 Season Prediction:

Pass Pct: 68.7%

TDs: 24

INTs: 12

***If Sam is indeed kept for a 2nd year I expect to see more improvements to his numbers as he will be more comfortable with the system and less media bashing him.

Record: 10-7

Post your QB1 predictions below or any insight.

I kind of rushed this post while at work, but hope you enjoy and post quality content. 

• Pie 2

My guess is his stats take a jump on par with Alex Smith his first year he had competent coaching with Harbaugh

20 TDs

13 INTs

3400 yards

61% Completion percentage.

Not a jump that would put him in the pro bowl, but a big enough jump that he shows enough improvement for us to hold onto him for the future. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Comp: 65%

Yards: 3950

TDS:32 (air and ground)

INTS: 17

board line pro bowl.

He has 2 big guys to go to in the red zone vs 2020 in Marshall and Arnold (and maybe CMC). That's worth a few TDS (6+) vs last year. Sam is much more aggressive then teddy (+6TDs). Should have a better backfield then last year to help out (CMC is a +1TD adder, takes away air yards to rushing yards and rushing tds). Marked improvements in D equal more opportunities, but less come from behind opportunities to rack up stats (net I think is wash on TDS, takes away yardage total). Line is marginally improved in terms of play ( no big +- from them).

Can he be better than Jake Delhomme? 

Yet to be seen as far as playing for one of the historically worst teams for developing QBs.

We SHOULD have won the Superbowl with our once in a franchise A1 QB.

We really SHOULD have won it with Jake, they were unstoppable on offense and only needed 30+ seconds, Cheatriots couldn't stop em.

What I've learned is you need stellar defense and an above average QB to make it to the top.

We'll all get to see if Sam qualifies as above average, to which I would say THANK YOU and move on. I hope he's it.

46 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I feel like Dan Arnold has so much to gain this season. 

The guy can flat out move for his size and given the speed and weapons we have elsewhere... he may benefit a ton from being forgotten about

especially early in the year. Teams will not have a plan for him because no one's had to worry about us having a quality pass catcher at the TE spot since Olsen's last healthy season.

47 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I feel like Dan Arnold has so much to gain this season. 

The guy can flat out move for his size and given the speed and weapons we have elsewhere... he may benefit a ton from being forgotten about

I agree, I think he was a sneaky good addition. He may kill it on seam routes after DJ and Robby and Marshall clear out the DBs.

• Pie 1