• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB1 Prediction (2021 Stats)

3 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Can he be better than Jake Delhomme? 

Yet to be seen as far as playing for one of the historically worst teams for developing QBs.

We SHOULD have won the Superbowl with our once in a franchise A1 QB.

We really SHOULD have won it with Jake, they were unstoppable on offense and only needed 30+ seconds, Cheatriots couldn't stop em.

What I've learned is you need stellar defense and an above average QB to make it to the top.

We'll all get to see if Sam qualifies as above average, to which I would say THANK YOU and move on. I hope he's it.

Looks like Rhule and Co. have the same idea as you.  Build a monster defense and an explosive offense with a middle of the pack QB and kill people.  I think if Sam ends up in the top half of the league overall next year we're in for a really good season.  And 2022 should be when we really start to become a very dangerous team.  Like Super Bowl dangerous.  That would also follow Rhules progression everywhere else he has been.

Perhaps I am being optimistic, but Darnold has the talent to be a top 12 QB with the weapons we have here. Not to mention the coaching. Now he also has the potential to blow up right in our faces, but is it really out of the realm of possibility we win 10 games with this guy? 

30 TDs

3400 yards 

15 picks 

66 completion rate 

In addition to the better supporting cast here (offense and coaching), our much improved defense will help immensely.  Its nice for a QB to know he doesn't have to be perfect to win games.  Takes a little pressure off.

2021 Darnold Stats

Completion %: 60%

Yards: 4,000

TDs: 30 

INTs: 12

Rushing Yards: 300

Rushing TDs: 4

Wins: 9

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

In addition to the better supporting cast here (offense and coaching), our much improved defense will help immensely.  Its nice for a QB to know he doesn't have to be perfect to win games.  Takes a little pressure off.

2021 Darnold Stats

Completion %: 60%

Yards: 4,000

TDs: 30 

INTs: 12

Rushing Yards: 300

Rushing TDs: 4

Wins: 9

totally agree about the D helping him out. Having consistently good field position and the opponent's score being kept in check will definitely help take pressure off him and the passing game.

• Beer 1

Damn there are some high expectations in here. If he can achieve even half of some of these predictions I would be okay with that. The realist in me says it will likely be in the middle somewhere. Between 3500 and 4000 yards with 25 touchdowns in what will be his bounce back year while learning a new system would seem to be the most realistic ceiling sight unseen. With CMC and the recent additions to the offense plus a new running back and a couple big boys on the line it is likely a safe bet to say there will be a significant emphasis on running the ball to ease the transition for Sam so that could cut down on his numbers. But all of this depends on the offense making gains in redzone efficiency which was not pretty last year for a number of reasons but lack of push from the line was a big factor. Darnold himself is also going to have to protect the ball and fans are going to have to prepare for some turnovers through the process.

17 hours ago, stbugs said:

I see more yards, TDs and lower completion % because he’ll take more shots downfield. Maybe 65%, 28 TDs and 4200 yards. Don’t forget that CMC is a TD machine. CMC played in 3 games and had 4 rushing TDs. Davis had 6 TDs in 15 games.

Hopefully CMC stays healthy.. knock on wood