• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears Release Starting LT Charles Leno

Seltzer

1 minute ago, NAS said:

Yes to this, I hope Christiansen starts but Leno would be good insurance policy 

Exactly.  Way too much of a risk to go into the season without another option.

I've read though that Leno's college coach is now with the Colts who also need a LT and they are the favorites to sign him... one can hope though

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Please happen. Regardless of how good Christensen looks as a prospect we can't rely on a 3rd round rookie to start at LT. If Christensen turns out to be that good day 1 then great but I would rather have insurance so that we're not married to either him or Scott/Little.

• Pie 6

Just now, Seltzer said:

I've read though that Leno's college coach is now with the Colts who also need a LT and they are the favorites to sign him... one can hope though

It'll come down to money and where he thinks is best for him.  

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, NAS said:

It'll come down to money and where he thinks is best for him.  

True... which is why we are going to need to be aggressive with the money (within reason) to convince him to come here

Adding Leno with the other draft additions we've made would give us a legitimate O Line and would leave Darnold's development and performance the only real question mark (on paper) for a tremendously improved roster

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Would be a nice pickup for Darnold. He’s not elite but he’s very good. 

True... and Christensen might be great... just a tremendous amount of risk not to have someone you know can start at LT to begin the season.

I would much rather have a dependable and proven guy like Leno (who has started every game over the last 7 seasons) even with a lower ceiling as an option than just rolling with Cam Irving, Trent Scott, Greg Little, etc. and hoping we can make do.

Best case for everyone is that Christensen is able to lock down the LT spot... that's a huge ask for a 3rd round rookie though

This is a tremendously improved roster outside of the glaring question marks that remain at LT and QB.  And addressing LT will help QB

• Pie 5

12 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Fug the colts, they can have Little.