• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

9 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Umm not sure what your issue is but as soon as say last season Samuel was running routes better than DJ Moore. His body catches are also overstated. Having a guy that can do multiple things has never been at the cost of the team. When we lost everyone not named Mike Davis at rb Samuel picked up the slack there as well.

Your idea of Gadget player is a player that isn't really good at football Armani Edwards or something like that. Samuel if anything could do more that what our offensive limitations allowed him to do here.

Anyone who thinks that DJ is better than Curtis can have their opinions safely disregarded.

A gadget player is Taysom Hill or Cordarrell Patterson. Curtis is a legit WR who had some of the best seperation numbers in the NFL.  It's not his fault he played with a broken down Cam and then a bunch of nobodies.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1
1 hour ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I agree. Seems the previous regime’s plan was limited to surviving another year. Didn’t seem very big on having a plan for building the team for sustained success. Finally we see what that looks like and I’m stoked. 

What?

We tried to put weapons around Cam, they just didn't end up being very good.  

• Beer 1
9 minutes ago, Riv said:

Anyone who thinks that DJ is better than Curtis can have their opinions safely disregarded.

A gadget player is Taysom Hill or Cordarrell Patterson. Curtis is a legit WR who had some of the best seperation numbers in the NFL.  It's not his fault he played with a broken down Cam and then a bunch of nobodies.

This.

I see people are still convinced by a player in a contract year. I think I would probably slow my roll on annoiting Samuel a better NFL WR than DJ Moore. I think this will age pretty poorly

• Pie 7
13 minutes ago, Riv said:

Curtis is a legit WR who had some of the best seperation numbers in the NFL.  It's not his fault he played with a broken down Cam and then a bunch of nobodies.

That didn't stop DJ from getting over 1100 yards the past 2 seasons. Excuse me while I "safely disregard" your opinion that Samuel is better.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
8 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

That didn't stop DJ from getting over 1100 yards the past 2 seasons. Excuse me while I "safely disregard" your opinion that Samuel is better.

That’s fine. You’re entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it may be. 

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I see people are still convinced by a player in a contract year. I think I would probably slow my roll on annoiting Samuel a better NFL WR than DJ Moore. I think this will age pretty poorly

Why?  DJ is a guy that wins with athleticism and not technique. Seems like that skill ages faster than running good routes, getting open at the LOS and stacking DBs like Curtis can. 

• Poo 3
27 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Was thinking the same thing reading all the posts.  The dude caught an absurdly high percentage of passes thrown his way last year.  In order to be worth the contract he signed, he has to keep doing that, which he has DEFINITELY not shown in three prior years.

• Beer 1

Chuck always hated my guy Samuel, who I said to re-sign for 3 years 21 and nearly everyone here laugh at me.....seems got near 2x that form old rr and herniay.

51 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Was thinking the same thing reading all the posts.  The dude caught an absurdly high percentage of passes thrown his way last year.  In order to be worth the contract he signed, he has to keep doing that, which he has DEFINITELY not shown in three prior years.

He also had a very serious season ending injury one of those season. In fact I remember that game, against Miami I believe and he was starting to pop off when he got hurt. Regardless of your feelings on CS, he did nothing but put in a ton of work to refine and better his craft, so respect that if absolutely nothing else. Dude deserves every single dollar of that contract. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Thats not the point I was making. I Said it can be argued that he is a better route runner than Moore. Moores ability to break tackles and high point balls overshadow Samuels ability. 

13 hours ago, Riv said:

DJ is better than Curtis.

• Pie 3
18 hours ago, Seltzer said:

One thing is certain... we are a long, long way from the days of trotting Kaelin Clay, Sunshine, and a busted-up Funchess out there trying to win a playoff game...

It is and will always be absurd that a better team wasn't put around Cam in his prime

Because the idiots in the FO spent all their resources on a mediocre defense the whole time Cam was here. Looks like that trend could continue. I hope I’m wrong