• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I’m just really happy that we now have receivers than can really run routes and catch the football with pure hands. Marshall is a legit starting receiver with number 1 potential. Worst case a great number 2. I didn’t know much about Shi but looking at his highlights, he could have the best hands in our receiving group. I know that Curtis Samuel has made huge improvement since his rookie days. I was hard on the kid but never liked him as a true receiver. He always annoyed me being a guy that body catches mostly everything thrown his way. WFT overpaid for him and I’m happy that he’s gone now. This group we have now could end up being the best we ever had in Carolina. David Moore is a very solid 4th option too. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 5
4 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Steve Smith, Muhsin Muhammad, Ricky Proehl say hello...

Although I do think this group could be the best we ever had.

A competent QB (hopefully) could make this group shine. I think the new crew 1-5 is definitely the most talented we’ve ever had. The QB will drive whether or not they produce. Look at last year’s crew. If that was a healthy Cam throwing to them, the WRs would have had numbers no top 3 WRs have ever had. With Teddy they had 3100 yards and only 10TDs. CMC in 3 games had 6TDs.

MVP Cam would have had 45 TDs, none rushing, with those 3. He wouldn’t have had to run any in with as wide open as they were.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
23 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Steve Smith, Muhsin Muhammad, Ricky Proehl say hello...

Although I do think this group could be the best we ever had.

IMO, WR was our strongest group going into the draft, and then we picked up not 1 but 2 solid guys! Can't frikkin wait.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
12 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Samuel is a baller. And, no, he wasn't overpaid. That was his market. If Rivera uses him as a so-called gadget player, then he deserves what he gets, and Samuel deserves what he gets for signing with them.

Our receiving corps as a unit may be the best ever. I'm tickled pink. I knew that this draft was deep at receiver, and I knew we were going to get some good ones, but I never imagined that we'd get one with first round talent.

Samuel took three years to produce though. 

I'm happy that the light finally switched on for him, but I'm also very happy that we didn't pay him this offseason. 

If he'd gone anywhere rather than to Rivera I'd wish him well in the NFL...

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Best guy on the team is a gadget player. Samuel may have done more here if he was given more opportunity to really utilize that. Until CMC went down he was just a receiver who would get a reverse in the backfield once in a blue.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
2 hours ago, Seltzer said:

One thing is certain... we are a long, long way from the days of trotting Kaelin Clay, Sunshine, and a busted-up Funchess out there trying to win a playoff game...

It is and will always be absurd that a better team wasn't put around Cam in his prime

I agree. Seems the previous regime’s plan was limited to surviving another year. Didn’t seem very big on having a plan for building the team for sustained success. Finally we see what that looks like and I’m stoked. 

• Beer 4
5 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

I’m just really happy that we now have receivers than can really run routes and catch the football with pure hands. Marshall is a legit starting receiver with number 1 potential. Worst case a great number 2. I didn’t know much about Shi but looking at his highlights, he could have the best hands in our receiving group. I know that Curtis Samuel has made huge improvement since his rookie days. I was hard on the kid but never liked him as a true receiver. He always annoyed me being a guy that body catches mostly everything thrown his way. WFT overpaid for him and I’m happy that he’s gone now. This group we have now could end up being the best we ever had in Carolina. David Moore is a very solid 4th option too. 

Umm not sure what your issue is but as soon as say last season Samuel was running routes better than DJ Moore. His body catches are also overstated. Having a guy that can do multiple things has never been at the cost of the team. When we lost everyone not named Mike Davis at rb Samuel picked up the slack there as well.

Your idea of Gadget player is a player that isn't really good at football Armani Edwards or something like that. Samuel if anything could do more that what our offensive limitations allowed him to do here.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1