• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blackhawks @ Hurricanes 5/3-5/6 Final Three

Harbingers

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

I'm not going to get overly excited about this one, but if we go ahead and take care of business in the next two I'll be pretty happy.

Interesting we may be playing Nashville for quite awhile....last two regular season games and then the start of the playoffs.  I don't love that scenario, but you have to win the games in front of you for The Cup. 

Leeeegoooooo

6-0 thus far agaist Nashville...

Also with the Vegas loss tonight winning our last four in any fashion gets us home ice throughout and a presidents trophy.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

4 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

6-0 thus far agaist Nashville...

Also with the Vegas loss tonight winning our last four in any fashion gets us home ice throughout and a presidents trophy.

Vegas has it much tougher down the stretch too. Both them and Colorado can reach a maximum of 84, however Vegas plays all playoff teams whereas Colorado has one game in hand and plays exclusively the bottom of the barrel minus one vs. the golden knights. 

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

I'm not going to get overly excited about this one, but if we go ahead and take care of business in the next two I'll be pretty happy.

Interesting we may be playing Nashville for quite awhile....last two regular season games and then the start of the playoffs.  I don't love that scenario, but you have to win the games in front of you for The Cup. 

Leeeegoooooo

It’s going to create some bad blood for sure. But we do have two things going for us.

1) If the Lightning beat the Stars either game and Nashville wins vs the blue jackets Wednesday. They will have clinched the last playoff spot. Would rather the stars trounce the Lightning at least once though. So we could be playing a Nashville team that has already clinched and I could see both teams trying to get/stay healthy. Playing a less physically aggressive game for the final two of regulation.  

2) there is going to be a 5 day-week gap between regulation and a possible playoff start for us unless they start us before the west is done and possibly almost 2 week gap before the playoffs if they don’t start the US first. Which is a blessing or a curse depending but at least it won’t have us stacked straight up against against Nashville back to back to back. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Also hoping since Mrazek was the backup last night we’ll see him back in net tonight. 

Good. Hopefully him tonight, Ned or Reimer Thursday and then let him and Ned split Nashville to get a good look at what’s likely coming. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

"For the second time in as many nights, the Carolina Hurricanes, who have earned points in 11 consecutive games (8-0-3), face off against the Chicago Blackhawks.

The Match-Up

Chicago Blackhawks (22-24-6, 50 points) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (35-10-7, 77 points)

Tuesday, May 4, 7 p.m.

Watch: Bally Sports South, Bally Sports app

Listen: 99.9 FM The Fan, Hurricanes.com/Listen, Hurricanes app

Numbers to Know

4: With four career hat tricks, Aho now ranks tied for third with Jeff Skinner for most hat tricks in team history (since relocation), behind Eric Staal (13) and Erik Cole (5).

5: The Canes' magic number for clinching first place in the Central Division is now five points (either won by the Canes or lost by Tampa Bay).

6-2-0: The Canes are closing our their ninth set of back-to-back games this season. They finished 5-2-2 in the first game and bring a 6-2-0 record in the second game into tonight's rematch."

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/gameday-preview-chicago-blackhawks-carolina-hurricanes/c-324293922

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/projected-lineup-chicago-blackhawks-carolina-hurricanes/c-324338128

"Here is the projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Svechnikov-Aho-Teravainen
Niederreiter-Trocheck-Necas
Foegele-Staal-Fast
McCormick-Lorentz-Geekie

Defensemen

Slavin-Hamilton
Skjei-Pesce
Bean-Hakanpaa

Goalies

Mrazek
Nedeljkovic

Scratches: Gardiner, Reimer

Injuries: Martinook (lower body), McGinn (upper body), Paquette (lower body)

Taxi squad: Ryan, Shore"

Chicago is starting the replacement goalie from last night.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

45 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

The Match-Up

Chicago Blackhawks (22-24-6, 50 points) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (35-10-7, 77 points)

Thanks for posting game previews all season!

@Harbingers for the inaugural Hurricanes Huddle MVP!

I vote we name it the Chuck Kaiton Trophy!

• Pie 1

Just now, Harbingers said:

Come on Dougie. That was all on you. 

I wouldn’t put it all on Dougie, Aho had a chance to do something with it. But I cannot debate that Dougie flat out, got out skated. So maybe, maybe as I write this I agree with you more. 

• Pie 2