• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

apparently there was some drama in our draft room

35 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I agree, draft grades don’t mean poo, so what’s the point of citing them. You know, it’s ok to acknowledge when they fuged something up, which they obviously did. They looked at it as a “calculated risk” and the risk did not pay off, so they had to trade down again.

I understand their thinking, you look and go, “ok, we’re trading back 13 spots and we have x number of guys we like, what are the odds that 6 offensive linemen and 4 defensive backs are taken.” Pretty low right? Rookie mistake from a first year GM. Let’s call a spade a spade. I’m sure they like who they got, but they were also banking on somebody being there at 52 who wasn’t.

They also could have traded back with Chicago in the first, picked up an extra first round pick and AT LEAST a 4th and 5th and gotten Caleb Farley (or maybe even Jaycee Horn still). They traded the wrong pick.

I disagree. There’s no way the are getting Horn that far back. He’s likely going right after us or to Dallas. Farley has legit question marks around him and Horn is the best press CB in the draft. He’s also a freak athlete which this staff definitely values and has an attitude they want on defense. 

I wanted Sewell going into the draft but I had predicted we would take Horn before the draft took place. I knew he was our guy and they didn’t want to risk losing him. I genuinely think he was their top priority entering the draft. 

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

I fugging told y’all. Outsmarted themselves with that first trade down in the second. That’s why this draft is a low grade for me.

Did you not like how the draft ended? The whole picture, I too didnt like the double trade down, but looking at the finished class.... hard for me to pick apart the group except for a late&mid round pick. I wanted Sewell bad..REAL BAD, but lion are dicks and you have to draft who is available. 

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Did you not like how the draft ended? The whole picture, I too didnt like the double trade down, but looking at the finished class.... hard for me to pick apart the group except for a late&mid round pick. I wanted Sewell bad..REAL BAD, but lion are dicks and you have to draft who is available. 

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys think Sewell felt when the Lions chose him? 

I don't have any insight about this young man at all, but I don't see how any top 10 pick could be thrilled about going to the Detroit Lions. We haven't put together back to back winning seasons in our 25+ year existence, but we have been to TWO Superbowls and on two other occasions we fell one game short (1996) and (2005) since 1995. Detroit last won a world title in 1957 with Bobby Lane as the QB. The Lions have only appeared in one NFC title game (a 1991 defeat to the eventual SB champs Washington Redskins...oops...football team). Detroit has one exactly one playoff win in the last 63 seasons, a 38-6 win in 1991 over Dallas in the divisional playoff. 

Being selected by the Detroit Lions is almost a guarantee that you will never win a playoff game, much less make it to the Super Bowl. I wonder if he was hoping to make to the Panther on the 8th pick?

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, Michael G said:

#39(WE traded it)Jenkins LT/RT

#42 Eicheberg LT

#s 46 and 45- W. Liitle and J. Carman (Both Tackles-Carman maybe better suited for Guard)

#51 S. Cosmi LT/RT

#52 (traded it away again) a LB is taken by Cleveland

#53 Dillon Radunz ---This where I think people start getting upset!!!

#59- We finally take Marshall (WR)

* In additions to the Tackles that went- Richie Grant (s), T. Moehrig (s) and P. Friermuth (TE) we all targets that went in that span before our pick at 59.

I'm very pleased with how our draft turned out. That said, I was upset when Cosmi came off the board at pick #51. I was ready to throw a shoe at my TV when Radunz was chosen at #53. 

I wasn't familiar with Christensen at all. He wasn't considered one of the top 5 LT's in the class so I didn't read up on him. I didn't know what to think about his selection. I was pleased to find out that PFF actually gave him the highest pass blocking grade of any of the LT's in the 2021 class. His excellent athletic abiliity is another positive. I look forward to seeing him this fall.

Edited by SCO96
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

For better or worse, I think Brady Christensen has the job unless he just really performs poorly in camp. For what it’s worth, I think he can handle it at least decently, but it is obviously a risk banking on him this season.

Not convinced he wins the job

i think fitt & ruhle are counting on those two FA OL they signed the first day of free agency to be major contributors

27 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys think Sewell felt when the Lions chose him? 

I don't have any insight about this young man at all, but I don't see how any top 10 pick could be thrilled about going to the Detroit Lions. We haven't put together back to back winning seasons in our 25+ year existence, but we have been to TWO Superbowls and on two other occasions we fell one game short (1996) and (2005) since 1995. Detroit last won a world title in 1957 with Bobby Lane as the QB. The Lions have only appeared in one NFC title game (a 1991 defeat to the eventual SB champs Washington Redskins...oops...football team). Detroit has one exactly one playoff win in the last 63 seasons, a 38-6 win in 1991 over Dallas in the divisional playoff. 

Being selected by the Detroit Lions is almost a guarantee that you will never win a playoff game, much less make it to the Super Bowl. I wonder if he was hoping to make to the Panther on the 8th pick?

Nobody ever wants to be in Detroit for anything

6 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I am a fan that wanted one of the top 2 LT's.  Fact is, after that, there was a huge drop off. Once in the 2nd round, there isn't enough difference between what went ahead of us and what we ended up getting in the 3rd.  I can easily argue that Christianson is as good as anybody we could have gotten in the 2nd,  and is a better fit for this team since our coach staff prefer their linemen to be able to play multiple positions across the line. 

So go ahead, keep your way to early low score on the draft. 

Go ahead, thump your chest about what you think. 

While the Panthers will just.move on with what they got. 

Christiansen is a legit athlete no doubt. I wonder how much his arm length will hold him back if at all. Thats easily the biggest reason he was there in the third and not being talked about with the first round tackles. Time will tell.