• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

apparently there was some drama in our draft room

23 minutes ago, ellis said:

God I hated those guys.

Imagine being a multi-millionaire / billionaire and watching an interview of your two highest paid, most influential employees goofing off like this in a press conference. 

I'd have sacked them both on the spot.

Bill Voth's 'feels like a big boy organisation now' comment was right.

Edited by OldhamA

19 minutes ago, TheBlue said:

Christiansen is a legit athlete no doubt. I wonder how much his arm length will hold him back if at all. Thats easily the biggest reason he was there in the third and not being talked about with the first round tackles. Time will tell.

I don't worry about arm length. 

Footwork is first. He has it.

He protected Zach Wilson very very well. 

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I was thinking the same thing. Long arms are a benefit but not required. If you have great feet and are in good position you don't need to reach and grab. And leverage can be gained several ways. You got to figure Christiansen knows what to do with what he has or he wouldn't have made it to this level to begin with.

9 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Oh you told us. We all feel stupid now. And as for all the A- to A+ grades our draft has consistently gotten, you better go email the likes of CBS etc and tell them to.

Look, draft grades obviously don’t mean poo but the reality is this draft was objectively good, even if it didn’t fall how you wanted it to. It’s done now regardless. But I suspect our staff is very happy with the results. As they should be. They did great.

Draft grades are meaningless but I’m not sure where you got that...most people have a B with a few As and some Cs and worse, we’d probably average B- for 10+ sites not just CBS.

If you’re talking about the huddle, if you’ve been here a while you’ll notice we always seem to have an A or A+ draft. It’s the homerism. It’s the reason we have shitty knee jerk threads when we find ourselves losing yet again. It happens every single year. It’s pretty comical to see the huddle around the draft time every single year  with so much optimism despite it blowing up in their face some year, it never fails.

I’d agree with the ranks and wouldn’t say just how great it was if everyone flops.  You really can’t say how great it was until years later. The only thing you can say was great is the fact they have more piles of poo to throw at the wall instead of our regular 6/7. And that is good.

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1

18 hours ago, Michael G said:

#39(WE traded it)Jenkins LT/RT

#42 Eicheberg LT

#s 46 and 45- W. Liitle and J. Carman (Both Tackles-Carman maybe better suited for Guard)

#51 S. Cosmi LT/RT

#52 (traded it away again) a LB is taken by Cleveland

#53 Dillon Radunz ---This where I think people start getting upset!!!

#59- We finally take Marshall (WR)

* In additions to the Tackles that went- Richie Grant (s), T. Moehrig (s) and P. Friermuth (TE) we all targets that went in that span before our pick at 59.

This had me tripping. WTF was going on here? They lost me here. 

18 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

John Ellis
@OnePantherPlace
·
15h
Darin is right. It was absolutely a calculated risk. And I can confirm (through a league source) that there were some in that room unhappy about certain names being called. 

(One of those names called was a non-offensive tackle, I’m told.)

I wasn't in the war room...obviously, but I was getting pretty upset myself.  I've said this numerous times now, when Christensen's name was called, I was extremely relieved. That being said, he's a fringe starter and we passed up day 1 starters at OT by trading back.  If Christensen can tighten up a few things and win the start job this season, the calculated risk paid off.  If Christensen struggles, the "what if's" are going to be coming out of the wood work.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

While I generally agree I think it is naive to not worry about it at all. He's been able to rely on his athleticism and good technique so far but now he's playing against the best week in week out. Every little thing helps.

I just hope he can overcome it. Fingers crossed. I am tentatively excited about his development 

1 hour ago, TheBlue said:

While I generally agree I think it is naive to not worry about it at all. He's been able to rely on his athleticism and good technique so far but now he's playing against the best week in week out. Every little thing helps.

I just hope he can overcome it. Fingers crossed. I am tentatively excited about his development 

I've been watching football far to long to be so neive that a LT fails because of his arm length.