• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle Prior drafts.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/draft.htm

I know alot of people, are excited to see a different approach to this year's draft. I believe it was more exciting for us. However, that being said, The Seahawks haven't had the best of drafts in recent years...They have had a few very good drafts back in the day of Russ. But since then, not very many names that you might even know. Not sure if this philosophy was that fruitful building long standing players. But hey at least it was exciting and gut wrenching. Hope they all pan out. Doubt it..But here is to 2021. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 11

1 hour ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Yeah Fitterer wasn't running those drafts so its completely irrelevant 

Mr. Uncle, he was assistant GM. Do you think he didn't have a big say in the draft. He may have not had the final say, but he is right there for these drafts. Since 2001. So I'm sure there is relevance. Maybe just not to you and your thoughts. 😉😁

3 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Why assume Fitterer and Rhule will make decisions exactly like Schneider and Carroll?

Brandon Beane is doing fine from under bums like Hurney and Gettleman

Seattle, has been notorious to trading back for more picks. What did we do this year? 

If you actually look at the draft classes, Since Fitterer arrived in Seattle in 2001, they have had 4 drafts total with 7 picks or less. Til this year. Many years they had        9 -11 picks. That is alot of misses. I hope it works for us way better than it did for Seattle. 

Just now, Missouri Cat Fan said:

Seattle, has been notorious to trading back for more picks. What did we do this year? 

If you actually look at the draft classes, Since Fitterer arrived in Seattle in 2001, they have had 4 drafts total with 7 picks or less. Til this year. Many years they had        9 -11 picks. That is alot of misses. I hope it works for us way better than it did for Seattle. 

You sidestepped the question.

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Just awful they are

Screenshot_20210504-160133_Chrome.jpg

Sure I would have loved to have a quarterback like Russ for all those years too. And many of the defensive players they had drafted too. I just was saying they have blanked many drafts as well. Maybe we have the duo to find stars. Maybe rhule is smarter than Carroll. Idk. I'm excited for this year to see what everyone looks like. 

My only concern with the draft is historically Seattle pretty much ignored the OL and it looks like we did the same thing in this draft. Seattle could get away with it given they have RW but SD is not RW. I seriously doubt SD would have any sort of success behind most of those Seattle OL's

15 minutes ago, Missouri Cat Fan said:

Mr. Uncle, he was assistant GM. Do you think he didn't have a big say in the draft. He may have not had the final say, but he is right there for these drafts. Since 2001. So I'm sure there is relevance. Maybe just not to you and your thoughts. 😉😁

No he wasn't.

Seattle didn't have an assistant GM. And most of the power there belongs to Pete Carroll anyway.

Fitterer started off as a scout and basically worked his way up to director of scouting.

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

No he wasn't.

Seattle didn't have an assistant GM. And most of the power there belongs to Pete Carroll anyway.

Fitterer started off as a scout and basically worked his way up to director of scouting.

Scott I believe seahawks did promote 2 to asst GMs a couple years ago(maybe 2017?). It may have been label only and such, but Im about 98% sure they did have 2 asst. I can not spell the the others name, f_______ . Pete did/still has all the powers, that part is right. Im sure its on goggle about when the promotion took place, and I believe they did 2 at the same time.......