• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Little

ncfan

I know quite a Few people don’t believe he will be on the roster this year.

I’ve been the biggest critic since he even came out.  I hated the pick,  didn’t even think he was worth a 2nd rd pick.

but I’m not writing him of just yet.

IF he can get healthy, it may be interesting.  One of his biggest knocks even at Ole Miss was he just was flat out lazy.  The dude has all the talent,  but has always just had the keys handed to him. He was the top kid coming out of Hs and immediately was just handed the starting spot.  He was still a high draft pick and came to a team with literally no LT, and yet again pretty much just handed the keys.

he has never had to fight for anything.

now this dude is on the verge of being cut.  This is going to show who he really is.  He comes out looking terrible and gets cut.  He may not get another shot in this league.

let’s see how he does with the fire under his azz before we automatically assume he’s as good as gone.

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 2

He might get cut because, as you say, he is being flat out lazy. That's the worst thing you an be if you're trying to prove yourself.  The team doesn't need that energy. Having said that, if being lazy is not the problem, he should definitely stay around to see what he can do.

5 minutes ago, Bostonheelfish said:

He might get cut because, as you say, he is being flat out lazy. That's the worst thing you an be if you're trying to prove yourself.  The team doesn't need that energy. Having said that, if being lazy is not the problem, he should definitely stay around to see what he can do.

As he may end up.

but the guy has had everything handed to him his whole career.  He comes out lazy and gets cut this year.  It could be a career killer.  This is the 1st time since probably his Sophomore year of HS, that he’s had to fight for anything.

Lazy and the NFL don't mix. No one will hold his hand to the weight room, film study, or the practice field. He may just be cut out for the sofa and a box of Popeye's instead. 

Edited by Jmac

Staying healthy isn't his biggest issue.

Watched him an awful lot last year, and what I learned was that if nobody's running straight at him, he has no idea what to do.

It's basically like the old joke about a karate guy not knowing how to react if someone doesn't attack him the way they do in class.

• Pie 1

People who are lazy and given everything based on size or god-given talent really dont get the concept of working for it.  Making the team is one thing, but knowing your teammate has the motor to dig deep into the parts of his mind and body he did not know existed and pull effort from that vault and take that extra step, extra effort, extra push--lazy people are not getting there.  Based on the fact that it is true, I have worked with several players who had a ton of talent, and they are great until that talent level is equaled.  Then, they become average, and the only way to rise above mediocrity is to work harder than others.  Yet there are some who reached mediocrity by busting their asses, and they will never be great.  I go to war with those guys if it is my choice.  As much as I hate to call him out, I used to get into TA McClendon's ear every day in high school.  He would come to practice in street clothes--a headache one day, sore hamstring the next---he was LAZY but could dominate being lazy-so he did.  He later told me that he was working hard at NC State, but he admitted that he was not going to classes his last semester because he was going pro early. He was not drafted--shocked by that, actually, because people had always given him what he wanted and praised him--except me.  So he was always trying to get me to understand him, instead of him understanding what I was telling him.  He was an undrafted free agent, took the $40K bonus or whatever it was, and a bunch of his street buddies went to Atlanta for OTAs.  They partied all night, TA was sleeping during film sessions, and lasted a week.  An assistant coach for Atlanta told a friend of mine that he had never seen a lazier player---you can't win with lazy.  Greg is better than that, I hope, and all people are different, but how many lazy people do you know who suddenly because ambitious?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

You would have thought a GM would have looked at those things.  

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly "a GM" looked at that made him think this guy was worth trading up for.

That Bills war room video says it all.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Zod said:

Talent is actually a huge issue. He still has awful footwork and hands.

I don't think it can get any better. He looked like he had two left feet at the Combine drills. I mean, he looked atrocious. He just didn't look like a football player or even a natural athlete.

• Beer 2