• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Little

ncfan

5 minutes ago, Zod said:

Talent is actually a huge issue. He still has awful footwork and hands.

Hurney would have drafted this man in round 1 had Brian Burns not been there. Let that one sink in for a minute. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think it can get any better. He looked like he had two left feet at the Combine drills. I mean, he looked atrocious. He just didn't look like a football player or even a natural athlete.

When you play for a head coach who kinda likes great athletes, that sort of thing could be a bit of an issue.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Staying healthy isn't his biggest issue.

Watched him an awful lot last year, and what I learned was that if nobody's running straight at him, he has no idea what to do.

It's basically like the old joke about a karate guy not knowing how to react if someone doesn't attack him the way they do in class.

This reminds me of that game where Byron Bell was by himself in the middle of a play attempting to block an invisible player. Surely we are due something good for a change by now. It has been long enough.

Just now, frankw said:

This reminds me of that game where Byron Bell was by himself in the middle of a play attempting to block an invisible player. Surely we are due something good for a change by now. It has been long enough.

There was a play last year where he literally stood up, took a step forward, saw nobody coming at him and just kind of shrugged his shoulders.

I had to rewind it a couple of times.

25 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

People who are lazy and given everything based on size or god-given talent really dont get the concept of working for it.  Making the team is one thing, but knowing your teammate has the motor to dig deep into the parts of his mind and body he did not know existed and pull effort from that vault and take that extra step, extra effort, extra push--lazy people are not getting there.  Based on the fact that it is true, I have worked with several players who had a ton of talent, and they are great until that talent level is equaled.  Then, they become average, and the only way to rise above mediocrity is to work harder than others.  Yet there are some who reached mediocrity by busting their asses, and they will never be great.  I go to war with those guys if it is my choice.  As much as I hate to call him out, I used to get into TA McClendon's ear every day in high school.  He would come to practice in street clothes--a headache one day, sore hamstring the next---he was LAZY but could dominate being lazy-so he did.  He later told me that he was working hard at NC State, but he admitted that he was not going to classes his last semester because he was going pro early. He was not drafted--shocked by that, actually, because people had always given him what he wanted and praised him--except me.  So he was always trying to get me to understand him, instead of him understanding what I was telling him.  He was an undrafted free agent, took the $40K bonus or whatever it was, and a bunch of his street buddies went to Atlanta for OTAs.  They partied all night, TA was sleeping during film sessions, and lasted a week.  An assistant coach for Atlanta told a friend of mine that he had never seen a lazier player---you can't win with lazy.  Greg is better than that, I hope, and all people are different, but how many lazy people do you know who suddenly because ambitious?

Bless his heart, TA had all the talent in the world but no drive to get better. I think it was Amato who told TA that you can’t help the club from the hot tub.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Maybe we can trade him to Denver too.

Damn. Maybe it's just my own misperception, but Achilles injuries seem a lot more common these days than they were 20+ years ago. I remember when it happened to Ronald Curry at UNC I was like, wait... that's a thing that can actually happen?

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Damn. Maybe it's just my own misperception, but Achilles injuries seem a lot more common these days than they were 20+ years ago. I remember when it happened to Ronald Curry at UNC I was like, wait... that's a thing that can actually happen?

That whole "boycott working out at the team facilities" thing might just cost him his entire salary for this season, a cool 10 million.

Something tells me that particular boycott might be about to go away.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

That whole "boycott working out at the team facilities" thing might just cost him his entire salary for this season, a cool 10 million.

Ouch. I was reading an article the other day that was basically saying this has been something that the players have been pushing for awhile now (working out away from the team during the off-season) and they're using COVID as an opportunity to push it harder. One of those catch 22 situations IMO. I can definitely understand why some players would rather work out on their own with their own S&C folks but I can definitely also understand why the team would want them working out in their facilities with their S&C folks. At the end of the day, if you get hurt working out on your own there's no way for the team to know for sure that you weren't just training like an idiot basically asking for something like this to happen.

But, James is an idiot to admit it happened working out? Hell naw, freak damn thing. I was just walking uo the stairs and my poo just blew up on me. Damnedest thing I tell ya. Oh, you don't believe me? Cool. Prove it.