• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Little

ncfan

Just now, stbugs said:

I read some more about James. I didn’t realize he rolled over his $10M guaranteed salary with his opt out in 2020. So not only did he not make any money last year, he may have forfeited that $10M guarantee. He’s also got a $5M guarantee in 2022 now but only for injury so that’s likely gone too. Damn, shouldn’t have opted out.

Yeah, that sucks.

Unique situation and all, but damn.

Just now, stbugs said:

No one will cry for him with $17M paid out for 3 games in 2 years, but losing out on $15M guaranteed because he opted out is tough. The $5M guaranteed money for 2022 was originally guaranteed as of 3/21 of this year.

No idea what the Broncos will do but it wouldn’t shock me if they cut him and save $15M. Since he was a surprise opt out, he may not get much sympathy especially since he’s been a huge bust for them so far.

I remember him being a guy a lot of us wanted the year he was drafted.

21 hours ago, ncfan said:

I know quite a Few people don’t believe he will be on the roster this year.

I’ve been the biggest critic since he even came out.  I hated the pick,  didn’t even think he was worth a 2nd rd pick.

but I’m not writing him of just yet.

IF he can get healthy, it may be interesting.  One of his biggest knocks even at Ole Miss was he just was flat out lazy.  The dude has all the talent,  but has always just had the keys handed to him. He was the top kid coming out of Hs and immediately was just handed the starting spot.  He was still a high draft pick and came to a team with literally no LT, and yet again pretty much just handed the keys.

he has never had to fight for anything.

now this dude is on the verge of being cut.  This is going to show who he really is.  He comes out looking terrible and gets cut.  He may not get another shot in this league.

let’s see how he does with the fire under his azz before we automatically assume he’s as good as gone.

In training camp, he was getting straight up run over by Burns. Beat straight up. HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Hopefully Christiansen doesn't suffer the same fate, or Cam Erving, who will be the starter.

18 minutes ago, RumHam said:

In training camp, he was getting straight up run over by Burns. Beat straight up. HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Hopefully Christiansen doesn't suffer the same fate, or Cam Erving, who will be the starter.

I feel pretty comfortable saying that Christensen will get run over by Brian Burns, several times.

We're talking about a rookie facing an establish, dominant NFL player. Of course that's going to happen.

You know who else that happened to some years back though?

A kid named Jordan Gross when he was facing a fellow named Julius Peppers.

Gross turned out okay.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I feel pretty comfortable saying that Christensen will get run over by Brian Burns, several times.

We're talking about a rookie facing an establish, dominant NFL player. Of course that's going to happen.

You know who else that happened to some years back though?

A kid named Jordan Gross when he was facing a fellow named Julius Peppers.

Gross turned out okay.

Other than going to a Utah based college, I am confused why people keep comparing Christensen to Gross. Jordan had an outstanding college career, became a top 10 pick and was the consensus top OL in the 2003 draft.

Christensen has some decent potential but we shouldn't be confusing him for arguably the best offensive lineman to ever play for this franchise.

If he is half of what Gross was, that was still a good pick. 

Edited by kungfoodude

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Other than going to a Utah based college, I am confused why people keep comparing Christensen to Gross. Jordan had an outstanding college career, became a top 10 pick in the draft and was the consensus top OL in the 2003 draft.

Christensen has some decent potential but we shouldn't be confusing him for arguably the best offensive lineman to ever play for this franchise.

If he is half of what Gross was, that was still a good pick. 

To be clear, I wasn't necessarily comparing Christensen to Gross.

Just mentioning that even as great as Jordan was, Julius Peppers ate his lunch when he was just starting.

That'll happen with Christensen and Burns too, but it shouldn't cause anyone concern.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 2

13 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The best part of the draft this past weekend for me is that fact that Hurndog got totally exposed for being a shitty GM. 

I remember a few folks on here still defending him until the bitter end.

Was anyone actually happy when he got brought back? I don’t remember being happy, but just being relieved Gettleman was gone.