• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those that still want a safety...

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

I’m just saying that you can’t passed on Moehrig and Grant in the draft for Marshall but now decide that safety is a need to sign Heath. Add in his age. 

Marshall is a first round talent and provided the better value. In my mind, he was the BPA. And I'd bet that he will have the most impactful career. 

Team building is about choices because you just can't draft every talented player available. Sometimes a veteran is an answer, especially in the short term (not saying that Heath is, or that some other vet isn't), but we'll get more chances to address the position in the future regardless. 

• Pie 4

I still say to call Richard Sherman and see if he will transition to Free Safety. Bring veteran leadership to the back end of the defense, and prolong his career like Rod Woodson did years ago.

If Sherman declines, then go get Malik Hooker on a cheap prove it deal. 

Edited by TheProcess

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Are you a Lannister? 

I never watched Thrones--had to google it.  I am actually a Neurotic, the name of the boy band I used to be in between 1983-1983.  I had a frontal mullet and handlebar mustache, if that helps. Went by the stage name, "Lugnuts."

12 hours ago, top dawg said:

Marshall is a first round talent and provided the better value. In my mind, he was the BPA. And I'd bet that he will have the most impactful career. 

Team building is about choices because you just can't draft every talented player available. Sometimes a veteran is an answer, especially in the short term (not saying that Heath is, or that some other vet isn't), but we'll get more chances to address the position in the future regardless. 

Marshall never would have been there at 59 if he hadn't had a bit of an injury history. Who better than his coach at the time to know the extent of those injuries? I envision Brady jumping up and down screaming for him to be the pick when it turned out he was still available.

If we are going to add a FA, I prefer Hooker. If we sign nobody else but him, I'll be stoked.

I do think Burris is in a good position to thrive next to Chinn, not Boston, with the front 6 or 7 in front of him....and a true alpha CB1 in Horn. Our weakness at CB last year along with weak LB play, and an inconsistent Boston, exposed Burris more, IMO.

I wouldn't mind letting Burris and Robinson battle it out for our FS, TBH. Burris is 27 and Robinson just turned 22....lots of untapped potential there. 

I truly do believe our future SAF duo is Robinson and Chinn.