• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC South Final Order?

Cdparr7

Who crashes and burns? Who stays in the basement? Who goes on top?

After looking over all 4 rosters (I know some rosters will change and injuries will occur through the season) this is my conclusion.

Tampa Bay: 12-6

Most consistent team in the NFC South. Win the division but Brady’s magic starts to run out towards the end of the season and costs them some close games.

Carolina: 9-8

Season starts slow but go on a run the last half. Takes a while for the chemistry to build but the defense is solid, run game is consistent and Darnold makes plays when he needs to. On the bubble of the playoffs, either last one in or first one on the outside.

New Orleans: 7-10

Starts strong before crashing and burning. Cap casualties catch up with NO and teams figure out Winston and Hill a few games in.  

Atlanta: 4-13

Kyle Pitts will help but Mike Davis is far from spectacular. Defense is thin. New regime, new system, don’t look so great. Some momentum towards end of the season. Only wins will be in shootouts.

Thoughts?

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Who crashes and burns? Who stays in the basement? Who goes on top?

After looking over all 4 rosters (I know some rosters will change and injuries will occur through the season) this is my conclusion.

Tampa Bay: 12-6

Most consistent team in the NFC South. Win the division but Brady’s magic starts to run out towards the end of the season and costs them some close games.

Carolina: 9-8

Season starts slow but go on a run the last half. Takes a while for the chemistry to build but the defense is solid, run game is consistent and Darnold makes plays when he needs to. On the bubble of the playoffs, either last one in or first one on the outside.

New Orleans: 7-10

Starts strong before crashing and burning. Cap casualties catch up with NO and teams figure out Winston and Hill a few games in.  

Atlanta: 4-13

Kyle Pitts will help but Mike Davis is far from spectacular. Defense is thin. New regime, new system, don’t look so great. Some momentum towards end of the season. Only wins will be in shootouts.

Thoughts?

Do we get an extra game like TB?

Edited by Panther49er
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Saints will definitely bottom out this year. My tempered expectations has us in third with a close second to the falcons. I’m not sure why we are downplaying the falcons around here. They are going to be very competitive this year with Arthur smith at the helm. 

my hometown... has us in first with an injured Brady. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

How we finish will be on the defense more than the offense. Tampa's defense won that Superbowl not Brady. His offense was good but the defense was tough particularly in the playoffs. Our offense will score points. The question is whether we can score when we need to and control the clock with long drives.  But the real question is how aggressive we will be on defense. Between the 20s we sat in a passive zone shell and rushed 3 way too often last year. I miss the aggressive Panther defenses of the past that were our identity. Snow has the pieces now to play man and blitz. No.more excuses for that pansy prevent defense that stopped no one after it got figured out and teams got film on it.  

Our record? I would love 10-6 but again it depends on whether the coaches can get these guys playing together as a team. I think we will end up 9-7 amd second or third in the division.