• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Posted (edited)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/04/eric-fisher-visiting-colts/

Fisher is visiting the Colts. We need to do the same. If we want to see if Darnold is the answer, we have to give him the best protection we can. I don’t care if Fisher won’t be able to play until week 14. Cam Erving and Greg Little will get Darnold put on IR. The Ravens got a steal with Alejandro Villanueva < 2 year 14 million >. I think Fisher will get a similar deal. 

Edited by Trainwreck
  • Poo 1

Lets just not get carried away. Fischer is not a very good tackle, he is an mediocre starter that rode his draft position to an overpayed second contact.

Sure, a mediocre starting LT is not a bad thing and, in the $7M range, sure go for it. I just sense someone will, again, fall in love with his traits and overpay him. Lets hope that is not us.

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Decent LT who is on the wrong side of 30, coming off of an Achilles injury and won't be available until late in the season if at all this season... nah, I'll pass.

How old was Whitworth when he signed with the Rams? No one wanted him at the time. 

23 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

How old was Whitworth when he signed with the Rams? No one wanted him at the time. 

I think he was around 36ish. He definitely defied the odds. He was a significantly better LT than Fisher and he wasn't coming off of a debilitating injury. 

Man I thought my last thread was bad. And I messed up his name 4 different times LOL.

But this is knee jerk. You don't care if he doesn't suit up until week 14. The seasons over with at that point. You don't play, we shouldn't pay.

Honestly at this point, we just need to give Christenson, Erving, and Little their shot and focus on a LT next season. Signing Fisher would only muddy the water even more there and would take money away from a potential Safety or LB signing.