• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Campbell: Saints tried to trade up for Horn, including offering Panthers a deal

amcoolio

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Saints did it to force us to draft him. They know something we dont.... bc the Saints are a brilliant franchise who are always steps ahead.....

A team can’t force another team to draft a player. This is not nba that trade draft rights. NFL teams won’t tell you who they are trading up for. Also they were dominant due to their HOF QB

That they even had the audacity to think we would entertain the notion of making a deal with them makes me despise that org even more. It doesn't help matters that our front office was foolish enough to offer the kind of money they did to Bridgewater. You know Payton enjoyed every minute of that. I want to sweep those fugers.

16 minutes ago, frankw said:

That they even had the audacity to think we would entertain the notion of making a deal with them makes me despise that org even more. It doesn't help matters that our front office was foolish enough to offer the kind of money they did to Bridgewater. You know Payton enjoyed every minute of that. I want to sweep those fugers.

Wouldn't say that. You listen to all offers. No prospect is a surefire thing so if they offer enough and want to take a swing I'm all for it. I'm sure we atleast called Atlanta about number 4 as well.

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Saints did it to force us to draft him. They know something we dont.... bc the Saints are a brilliant franchise who are always steps ahead.....

The only way the saints were able to be relevant for the last decade or so is because of a QB that is no longer playing. It had nothing to do with their "brilliance".

• Beer 1

Jimmy Johnson always used to say that when someone in the NFL tells you they're going to offer you a fair trade, what they really mean is that they're gonna try to screw ya but they don't want you to know.

I'd hope that any draft pick trade we make with the Saints would be very "fair".

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

The only way the saints were able to be relevant for the last decade or so is because of a QB that is no longer playing. It had nothing to do with their "brilliance".

i can't edit my post to clarify taht I was being facetious. You all should know by now how much I hate the saints......