• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Campbell: Saints tried to trade up for Horn, including offering Panthers a deal

amcoolio

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

i can't edit my post to clarify taht I was being facetious. You all should know by now how much I hate the saints......

Lol gotcha. Hard to tell around here anymore.

Did a little edit for you.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, BrianS said:

Saints couldn't have had NEARLY enough ammo to jump that high.

They should have tanked that final game against us so that they would get a better pick this year. We all know that losing is the only way to get better!

am I doing it right guys??

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jimmy Johnson always used to say that when someone in the NFL tells you they're going to offer you a fair trade, what they really mean is that they're gonna try to screw ya but they don't want you to know.

I'd hope that any draft pick trade we make with the Saints would be very "fair".

Agree with this. I just can't get with the notion of not listening at all to their offer because they are the saints or any divisions rival. I think you atleast see what they are talking about if nothing more than to get some idea of what they are thinking draft night. 

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

Agree with this. I just can't get with the notion of not listening at all to their offer because they are the saints or any divisions rival. I think you atleast see what they are talking about if nothing more than to get some idea of what they are thinking draft night. 

I can agree with that.

Mind you, I'd do so while keeping it in the back of my mind that they're probably trying to screw me too.

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

Wouldn't say that. You listen to all offers. No prospect is a surefire thing so if they offer enough and want to take a swing I'm all for it. I'm sure we atleast called Atlanta about number 4 as well.

32 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Well of course we will listen as will they there are people paid to do that. But in any division a potential trade with a rival should be considered entirely under the guise that normal circumstances are out the window. What I mean by that is in any normal scenario not involving divisional foes each team is seeking to maximize their return but they will generally attempt to trade in good faith as to not burn any bridges in the future because who knows when they may need that channel open again. But with rivals both parties are going to be wary of one another and any return they will be seeking will likely be well above the value it would be for non rivals. The Falcons would have fleeced us in any possible trade to move up to their pick and the Panthers would have sought the same from the Saints if we actually considered trading down to their pick. I'm not saying those kinds of trades don't happen or they are entirely out of the question but because of the above mentioned they are rare and in this particular division where there is truly no love lost they are less likely. Think the get the fug off our field moment from Atlanta and all the times Sean Payton has given us the finger.

18 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well of course we will listen as will they there are people paid to do that. But in any division a potential trade with a rival should be considered entirely under the guise that normal circumstances are out the window. What I mean by that is in any normal scenario not involving divisional foes each team is seeking to maximize their return but they will generally attempt to trade in good faith as to not burn any bridges in the future because who knows when they may need that channel open again. But with rivals both parties are going to be wary of one another and any return they will be seeking will likely be well above the value it would be for non rivals. The Falcons would have fleeced us in any possible trade to move up to their pick and the Panthers would have sought the same from the Saints if we actually considered trading down to their pick. I'm not saying those kinds of trades don't happen or they are entirely out of the question but because of the above mentioned they are rare and in this particular division where there is truly no love lost they are less likely. Think the get the fug off our field moment from Atlanta and all the times Sean Payton has given us the finger.

I can agree with most of what you said. But this is business. In doing business you can't take personal feelings into account no matter how you "feel" about them. I do think you try to screw them and the price for rivals is probably higher although, you have to take into account this is a completely new regime.

Tepper, Rhule, and scott fitterer for that matter weren't around for any of that stuff you mentioned. We as fans want to make our staffs hatred and pride the same as our own but these guys aren't fans and are professionals.  I would hate to miss out on a haul like say what the 49ers gave up to get to 3 because it's the Saints bucs or falcons. If what they want to trade up for isn't what I want and the price is good I don't mind trading at all.